Notices

most bang for my money

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 02:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default most bang for my money

Im new to the site just trying to get some of yalls input on my lightning what would be the most bang for my buck.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...ight=Bang+buck

Alot of info on this site might not be exactly what you looking for but just goes to show you what 10 seconds and the search button will do
Old 06-21-2006, 04:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LesPaul

Alot of info on this site might not be exactly what you looking for but just goes to show you what 10 seconds and the search button will do

Considering you have a lightning and it is supercharged there are totally different things that would be a good bang for the buck compared to those N/A results that LesPaul found. What kind of money are you looking at spending? A very good bang for the buck would be to get a pulley and programmer. That would deffinently wake up the motor. A good cold air kit, headers, throttle body, and maf mgiht also be good option. If i was you and I had the money I would do a pulley, programmer, and cold air. The order of benefit is probably something like:

step1 - pulley and programmer

step2 - cold air

step3 - headers

step4 - throttle body

step5 - maf

What hp and tq numbers are you trying to get to? If you wnat to hit really good numbers and were willing to save up a couple grand i would recommend waiting and getting either the 2.2 kennebell or the new 2.6 kennebell that is ocming out on June 15th. The 2.2 is 2600 and the 2.6 is 3000 but they are worth the money.

just my 2 cents, hope that helps

Last edited by 203Cree; 06-21-2006 at 06:46 PM.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:46 PM
Staging Lane

Really dont know about how much i guess it really doesent matter not a *** loud of money you know what i mean.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:50 PM
Teching In

If not a lot then go with those 5 steps and you will make good power.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bluestang50

Considering you have a lightning and it is supercharged there are totally different things that would be a good bang for the buck compared to those N/A results that LesPaul found. What kind of money are you looking at spending? A very good bang for the buck would be to get a pulley and programmer. That would deffinently wake up the motor. A good cold air kit, headers, throttle body, and maf mgiht also be good option. If i was you and I had the money I would do a pulley, programmer, and cold air. The order of benefit is probably something like:

step2 - cold air

step3 - headers

step4 - throttle body

step5 - maf

What hp and tq numbers are you trying to get to? If you wnat to hit really good numbers and were willing to save up a couple grand i would recommend waiting and getting either the 2.2 kennebell or the new 2.6 kennebell that is ocming out on June 15th. The 2.2 is 2600 and the 2.6 is 3000 but they are worth the money.

just my 2 cents, hope that helps

So whats the diff in the 2.2 and the 2.6 kennebell,what sizes pulleys would be good to go with.

Last edited by 203Cree; 06-21-2006 at 06:46 PM.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:59 PM
Mr. Obvious

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2.2 liter and 2.6 liter... 2.6 is a bigger blower that will produce more air which equals more power
Old 06-21-2006, 06:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by REDSVT2202
Im new to the site just trying to get some of yalls input on my lightning what would be the most bang for my buck.
First off, welcome to the site. A lower pulley, cold air intake and a tune would be a GREAT start for you if you're mostly stock. That combo really wakes up the truck. You could also look at a Valve body for the transmission or traction bars. That would also be a great start and not too hard on the wallet.

Originally Posted by bluestang50
If i was you and I had the money I would do a pulley, programmer, and cold air. The order of benefit is probably something like:

step2 - cold air

step3 - headers

step4 - throttle body

step5 - maf
Step's 3 and 4 aren't really that benificial to us until we hit over 550rwhp. The stock exhaust has been proven to flow well enough to support up to that power level.

Step 5 he shouldn't need. We already have 90mm MAF's. At most, a MAF extender would be what he'd need.

Now, as far as you two guys that wanna go round and round about whatever. Either be helpfull or don't post in this section. You wanna flame each other, take it to the Off Topic board. Thank you.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:05 PM
Launching!

im with cree chip(or programmer) filter pulley is best bang for buck along with ftvb or line valve mod for trans. welcome to site by way
Old 06-21-2006, 09:05 PM
Staging Lane

[QUOTE=203Cree]First off, welcome to the site. A lower pulley, cold air intake and a tune would be a GREAT start for you if you're mostly stock. That combo really wakes up the truck. You could also look at a Valve body for the transmission or traction bars. That would also be a great start and not too hard on the wallet.

Step's 3 and 4 aren't really that benificial to us until we hit over 550rwhp. The stock exhaust has been proven to flow well enough to support up to that power level.

Step 5 he shouldn't need. We already have 90mm MAF's. At most, a MAF extender would be what he'd need.

so what size pulley would be the best to put on the truck.

Quick Reply: most bang for my money