Member Feedback Buyer/Seller references, report frauds here

JUST got Fu*ked by classified sale from member "Bumpers"

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 08:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I mean Ive talked to Bumpers throughout, he admitted he was fucked too. I mean, we both were I guess. I need it cut and rebuilt, thats why I bought it, but heck that could not even happen after I bought it.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

bumpers thread looks plain and simple, It was a Yank that was reworked by a local company.
did u have it cut and cleaned before u put it in your built transmission???

Originally Posted by Bumpers
i would reccomend having it cleaned and cut or atleast flushed out because it was in my truck when the trans blew and the fluid was burnt
Old 05-17-2011, 03:40 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think Bumpers screwed you. I think the item was in worse condition than he knew and it's not like we can all cut open our converters ourselves to check that stuff. IMO that converter should of been gone through prior to being sold, or gone through prior to being installed.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:02 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sleeperlqx
I mean Ive talked to Bumpers throughout, he admitted he was fucked too. I mean, we both were I guess. I need it cut and rebuilt, thats why I bought it, but heck that could not even happen after I bought it.
So, since these threads are very specific and detrimental in making or breaking forum cred, would you agree or disagree that Bumpers didn't shaft you? If you agree he didn't I would like to kill this thread. You can start another discussion about the converter if you want but no blaming the seller in that thread. That's what this thread is for. Sorry to push ya brutha, but this needs to be put to rest if Bumpers is clear of "purposely" shafting you.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

The original owner of this converter was nonnieselman, I purchased it from him and had a local guy cut it and make sure it was clean when i purchased it, because nonnie's trans went out. I had the stall in my truck for over 8,000 miles before the boost was too much for the poor stock 60 to take. When I had the local guy at DTP trans do a cut and clean on the convertor he painted it blue and covered the red paint and the Yank TT 3k sticker on the center of the stall, then put his sticker on the converter. It IS a yank and they are most likely telling you it is not because it has been opened by another company locally. The only thing to my knowledge that was done is a sprag was machined to give me another 200 rpm( that is what the guy who cleaned it told me). So it looks to me like we all got screwed if it wasn't a yank....... I am sorry you wasted your money by putting a convertor in your trans and not having it checked out first, but it worked great for nonnie, myself, and bumpers. I wouldn't say he screwed you because if that is the case we all got screwed.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Every Party was told that it needed a Cut/Clean so there shouldnt be any questions or pointing fingers.

I bought the stall from Yank May 18 2007.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

By reading the last few post its almost as if the guy tha LOWNSLO took it to had swaped it for one that he had or someting knowing that the yank was better, not saying that this happend but i have seen it done before...
Old 05-17-2011, 01:51 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bigboy576103
By reading the last few post its almost as if the guy tha LOWNSLO took it to had swaped it for one that he had or someting knowing that the yank was better, not saying that this happend but i have seen it done before...
If this is the case it might be a good idea for everyone to start taking a punch and putting a mark in an inconspicuous place on the converter just for identification.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:05 PM
TECH Addict

Its still the yank converter guys.. If he would scrape some of the blue off you would see that its the orange red yank converter..

its not my fault yank doesn't want to touch it sense someone else has had it opened up.. I gave every single piece of info I know about the converter and you were told that it would need to be cleaned before you installed it the first time and blew your trans. I don't understand how I screwed anyone?
Old 05-17-2011, 02:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive played the Transmission/converter game wayy too much..

Anytime there is a problem or something inside the trans messes up and could possibly send material into the converter, it needs to be flushed or cut/cleaned. Instead of finding out afterwards.

So i agree with Bumpers, he gave the needed info/advise and it wasnt taken. So its not Bumpers fault in anyway.

Quick Reply: JUST got Fu*ked by classified sale from member "Bumpers"