Member Feedback Buyer/Seller references, report frauds here

Motorbuilt aka Jim Voyles Scammed Me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 11:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motorbuilt aka Jim Voyles Scammed Me!!!

i just wanna warn everyone on here to watch out when buying something from MOTORBUILT (jim) even though he did have a good feedback on his profile. he stole 3000 dollars from me when i bought an sts twin turbo kit from him. what happen was he sent everyting with fed ex but forgot to send the 2 turbos! and one box was damaged but not enough to lose 2 turbos! watch out everyone! JIm has something coming to him very soon!!!
Old 04-29-2007, 06:14 PM
TECH Resident

I just hate hearing and seiing stuff like this going on I hope you get all your parts and everything works out for you
Old 04-30-2007, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Default thanks

thanks! but i think im just going to sell the kit to make up some of the money lost! 1700obo!dirt cheap
Old 05-01-2007, 04:27 AM
TECH Resident

Still that is just a damn shame YOU have to take a hit like that.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:13 AM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Since he hasn't responded here yet I asked him to in a PM.

midlandGMC - Can you please clarify this situation a little. Did you try to get in contact with him at all after you recieved the kit?
Old 05-05-2007, 02:31 AM
Banned

XLR8NSS, Thank you for bringing this post to my attention. I will gladly reply to this and hope to keep anyone from falsely believing the person with 2 posts stating false claims against me with my great positive seller feedback from selling many items on ls1tech. I have 17 positive feedback on ls1tech and 280+ on ebay.

First I have never owned nor sold a STS type turbo kit. I sold a complete custom made twin turbo kit.

I have been in the LS1 performance business/industry since 1999 and have developed a very positive reputation and customer base over the last almost decade.

I actually did not sell a turbo kit to the person who posted this thread, I was sent a paypal payment by his friend for the twin turbo kit I had posted for sale here.

I purchased the entire drivetrain/twin turbo kit from a very well known performancetrucks.net user, friend of mine and local to me "Green Thunder"

Many of you know this crew cab green truck that was twin turbo charged, 3 stages of nitrous with a direct port, 403" built ls1 etc that has posted on here for several years.
Here is a post of when the entire setup was for sale:
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...=green+thunder

I posted the entire twin turbo kit for sale. Complete in every way the way it came off the truck. VERY clearly in the for sale post, I placed the sales terms and conditions.

The terms and conditions stated that by purchasing this twin turbo kit buyer agrees to shipping terms of FOB (Free on Board) Origin FCA free carrier freight collect.
I also sent the buyer information on the details of these shipping conditions:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_On_Board

Upon delivering the several packages to Fedex Ground, all liability/ownership and risk is passed to the buyer. The buyer chose not to insure the packages as well. I dropped off all the parts including turbos complete as described. Upon recieving, the buyer told me I did not include the turbos. This is completely impossible and untrue. After attempting to convince me I should refund him the partial refund to cover the turbos, he then stated later that there was a football sized hole in the packaging and that he thought they were lost in shipping. At this point the story seemed to be changing and I had the sense that something "fishy" or I was being fed a untruthful story since it was changing everytime we discussed it.

All parts were shipped as described and included. There is no reason I would ship 250lbs of turbo parts for this and accidentally forget the turbos. They were well wrapped/packed and included in one of the packages

There was seriously 250+ lbs of parts that were crated up and shipped.

All parts were shipped fedex in several different packages. My attorney was delivered all documentation and information relating to this as the buyer threatened a civil lawsuit and I will fully defend (and win) in a court of law if necessary. I stand 100% by my actions and have done no wrong in anyway.

Last edited by motorbuilt; 05-05-2007 at 02:37 AM.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:33 PM
Adkoonerstrator

motorbuilt - Thanks for replying. I realize you were not aware of this and that is why you hadn't replied sooner. It sounds like you have done everything correctly.

midlandGMC - You shoulda got insurance on the package plain and simple.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:01 PM
Teching In

i asked him to do so ! he said he would take care of it! he posted free shipping on the ad now i see why!!! i asked him to file a clam with fedex so that they could look into it but he never even tried!! when i asked him about it! he said to not contact him anymore that this was my problem !! fedex doesnt allow me to file a clam only shippers are allowed!!!

Last edited by XLR8NSS; 05-05-2007 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Adkoonerstrator

It is true that motorbuilt would have to be the one to file a claim. I'm not sure how FedEx does it on packages that didn't have insurance purchased. Do you have it written anywhere that you asked for insurance?

Please refrain from name calling/threats, we do not allow that on here. We are only looking for facts/proof here.

Thanks
Old 05-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Banned

I did not post free shipping anywhere in the for sale post. If you are going to make claims at least make them accurate. I posted the price "shipped" which included the buyers cost of shipping.

On the contact: You threatened legal recourse/lawsuit. At that point I asked all discussion be done by email and or private message as I am documenting everything to protect myself in case of a legal dispute. This serves both our interest and protects ourselves legally.

You placed no insurance on the item and there is a maximum of $100 damage claim available from fedex on packages without insurance. Any fedex claim will have the maximum potential of $100 recourse. I am contacted and went by Fedex about the problem initially and they stated to have the receiver notify their local Fedex of the damage. If the recourse you are seeking for conclusion and satisfaction for this problem is the coverage of a $100. I will cover the $100 from pocket. Even though I dont feel obligated, I feel doing that goes above and beyond my sellers requirements and/or service to resolve the issue.

Before receipt of the $100, I would require a signed documentation be return faxed to me stating agreement of acceptance of payment to satisfy all complaint and dispute in the issue. This is to protect myself legally as well. These are things my attorney has advised.

Last edited by motorbuilt; 05-05-2007 at 08:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Motorbuilt aka Jim Voyles Scammed Me!!!