Member Feedback Buyer/Seller references, report frauds here

Motorbuilt aka Jim Voyles Scammed Me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 01:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ship out UPS on a regular basis because I work at Office Depot. Ted Nugent(yes THE Ted Nugent) shipped off a signed guitar from our store(in Waco) and it came back damaged. UPS(like FedEx) will not cover it because they didn't buy insurance. It doesn't matter what you do, you are going to have a very difficult time getting any compensation on this one. Your only hopes is to claim improper packaging procedures led to the items being lost. Even then you are lucky to get the $100 from the seller(which he offered very generously). You didn't get scammed at all, he did his part perfectly.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:59 AM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That is the what I think also.

midlandGMC - Unless you have proof that you asked for insurance on the package I don't think there is much you can do. If someone says the price is "shipped" that doesn't mean insurance included IMO.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:30 PM
Teching In

all i wanted and ask you to do was to file a clam! I wanted fedex to take care of this by investigating what happen,but when i asked you to do so you started avoiding my emails and phone calls ! and said this was my problem!! if you where a good and honest seller you would have helped me resolve this when i asked you to! fedex says they have no record of you even trying to call them!!
Old 05-06-2007, 03:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

bottom line is you have to cover your ***. motorbuilt covered his very well, and you did not, since you did not buy insurance. theres not much else to it. sorry to but in, but ive been in this situation before and learned the hard way
Old 05-07-2007, 06:13 PM
Teching In

yeah he covered his A**to good, like hes done this before!! trust me ive learned my lesson on trusting people!! i just wanted to warn everyone!!
Old 05-08-2007, 02:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

stuff like this is why I always ask the person I am buying from to put insurance on whatever it may be, and keep a record of the message you sent them..
Old 05-08-2007, 01:54 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I really don't have enough info/proof to make a decision(with respect to the site issues) either way about this. I'll just say to everyone reading this please get as much info as you can before buying anything. Get pictures of the box with everything in it, get insurance(make sure you ask for it and pay for it if necessary), get a detailed list of items included, as much info as possible, especially on big/exspensive items.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:07 PM
TECH Resident

$100 is all fed ex will pay unless insured. I sell a lot on ebay and use fed ex exclusively. It's easy to file a claim and I've been lucky to receive any compansation for lost shipments quickly but believe me, they only pay for what the insured amount is for AFTER you send them documentation showing what you shipped was worth what you say. Sorry this happened fellas.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Why wouldn't you insure a $3000 package????
Old 05-08-2007, 07:34 PM
Teching In

thats something motorbuilt would have to answer!! i asked him to do so !when we talk on the phone

Quick Reply: Motorbuilt aka Jim Voyles Scammed Me!!!