Member Feedback Buyer/Seller references, report frauds here

Motorbuilt aka Jim Voyles Scammed Me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 04:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the package was just dropped off at my door step!the hole in the box was not big enough for 2 turbos to fall out! and as for the wieght of the boxes they matched the wieghts printed on each package . but fedex can not do anything about it unless the shipper makes a claim but for some reason motorbuilt does not want to do this for me!!! i dont know what he is scared of. can yall convince him to at least do this
Old 05-09-2007, 04:09 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What everyone is trying to tell you is this: with no insurance on the shipment, there is *no claim* to be made outside the standard $100 damage thing all shipping companies will give you.

How big is the hole?
Old 05-09-2007, 05:29 PM
Teching In

what im trying to say is that there no way the turbos could have fallen out! the hole was maybe 3-4 inches by 3 in. so the insurance wouldnt cover anything because the turbos were never in the box! all i am trying to do is warn everyone about doing any selling or buying with this guy.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

take pics of the package and show us how big the hole is and so we can see if Fedex tried to tape it up.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Banned

If you guys understood where I stood and heard the things I've been told in phone conversations with him, you'd see there are more holes in his story than his package.

He had told me on the phone that they had fallen out of the box through a hole most likely. Now the hole is too small to fit a turbo, so why does he mention making a claim with fedex if he believes I never put them in there? Also Ive told him a 100 times, he didnt pay the approx $100 extra to fully insure the value of the 3 packages (total of about 250lbs) but I would pay him the full claim value of $100 to put an end to this problem.

I just dont see what else I could do... I did everything I could as a seller and my tons of positive feedback reflect my selling habits.

Last edited by motorbuilt; 05-10-2007 at 12:44 PM.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:48 PM
Teching In

motorbuilt im sure all the other item youve sold werent 3000 dollars ethier ! you made sure if you were gonna scam someone it was going to be worth while. 100 dollars isnt gonna fix anything!!! i dont care if i dont get any of my money back as long as everyone on here knows to watch out when buying something from you!
Old 05-11-2007, 08:15 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Think its about time for this thread to get Locked down
Old 05-11-2007, 02:07 PM
TECH Resident

Well after reading everything, I am stumped on this: "The packages weigh what the Fed-Ex sticker says they are supposed to weigh." With that said, wouldn't this mean that the turbos never found their little way into the little box?! I know MidlandGMC, and he's an honest guy. Just funny that the boxes weigh the same without the turbos as they do "with" the turbos. Hmm, must've been some lite friggin turbos.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:12 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock Rocker
Think its about time for this thread to get Locked down
I agree, it's just a battle of words at this point. If this goes through the legal system please keep me updated on the outcome.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:28 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

After doing a little more research it appears motorbuilt's real name is Jim Voyles.

He has been banned permanently on LS1Tech for ripping people off.

Jim, you are not welcome back here and any new account that is found will be banned also.

midlandGMC - I'm not sure how you paid for the turbo setup but, if you used a credit card you might have some recourse through them.

Here was a user name on LS1Tech that was banned.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...&highlight=jim

Quick Reply: Motorbuilt aka Jim Voyles Scammed Me!!!