Member Feedback Buyer/Seller references, report frauds here

Motorbuilt aka Jim Voyles Scammed Me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 01:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well since my last post was considered a threat i will reword this one in a more yankee friendly way.......please anyone from the Socal area please keep and eye out for this guy cause im sure he's not done screwing people over and i still want to see southern cali
Old 05-25-2007, 01:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by texasz28
well since my last post was considered a threat i will reword this one in a more yankee friendly way.......please anyone from the Socal area please keep and eye out for this guy cause im sure he's not done screwing people over and i still want to see southern cali

HAHA... LIKE I SAID IM NOT SURE WHAT TO LOOK FOR.... VEHICLE??? PERSON??? WALDO??
Old 05-25-2007, 01:59 PM
11 Second Club

Jim has about the worst reputation on the internet, but that was all over what was done int the past and people do change. He is an honest seller a reputable tuner and a personal friend of mine as well as everyones car that he touches.

For one, I was there when he packaged the turbos to the NOT "sts" kit and helped drop off the 3 huge packages. I saw the turbos go in the container and then it sealed the box. This dispute should be with fed ex not the seller, it was the buyers choice not to insure the item.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:16 PM
TECH Addict

It looks like he's back on the Corvetteforum and from what I heard he has ripped off a few guys over there before.
Pretty sure it's the same guy.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1694621
Old 05-25-2007, 02:23 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dragon93308
Jim has about the worst reputation on the internet, but that was all over what was done int the past and people do change.
There is reason for that I would venture.
We, as human beings are all judged by our actions. This guy has made no attempt to right his wrongs from the past and has therefore not taken the necessary steps to change others' perception of him.

If I were you I would distance my name from his.

I am not the same person I was 17 years ago BUT i have made amends to those I have wronged as best I could, live and act with respect to others and I doubt anyone would call me a theif today

I have been watching this thread from the start and had no opinion until very recent.

Last edited by trever1t; 05-25-2007 at 02:33 PM.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:20 PM
TECH Resident

IMO a tell tell sign that you aren't doing something right somewhere is having to change your screen name 5-6 times because you've ripped people off...
Old 05-25-2007, 03:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Zick
It looks like he's back on the Corvetteforum and from what I heard he has ripped off a few guys over there before.
Pretty sure it's the same guy.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1694621
im not a member on that forum but to the folks who are i would be very careful dealing with that character. he is good at what he does and knows every loophole on how to screw people over. im just trying to warn people about him, i know at this point there isnt much that can be done about getting my friends $$$ back but we can warn people about Jim Voyles. and to dragon93308 people dont change, if you believe that your a damn fool, and i would be very cautious to do any business with you as well. because as the saying goes "birds of a feather flock together."
Old 05-25-2007, 04:21 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dragon93308
He is an honest seller a reputable tuner and a personal friend of mine as well as everyones car that he touches.
I have a problem with you dragon93308 and I'll tell you why.
I spent three hours last night reading almost 20 different links on 3 different forum's on this guy's action and in some threads there he was backing himself up under another user name. Few years later that other username was being defended for another shady transaction and it was in fact jim Voyles then too. He's also been known to change around and edit his posts after the sale of the item to make them sound as if he was truthful from the begining. How is any of that "HONEST"?
How can you go the last 5 or 6 years getting BANNED on at least three different forum's under at least 5 different user names for shady, Illicit, and dishonest transactions and consider that "REPUTABLE"??? What are you F'ing kidding me?? Are you serisouly trying to sell us on the fact that this guy is "HONEST AND REPUTABLE"???
In most threads there you are defending him claiming you know him and he's a good guy despite selling junk (https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...&highlight=jim ) and claiming it is in good running condition which tells me that you are dishonest yourself and have no sense of what is going on. OR in several threads the thought crossed my mind that you were Jim Voyles too. Your curiously ALWAYS defending him and your usually the ONLY one defending him regardless of the facts!!
Since you claim he's changed then why is he still screwing people over? If anything is shipped properly which he never seems to be able to do this "lost turbo's" would never of occured. Stop defending him, and since you know him tell him to stop screwing people over on the internet!
Sorry for the rant everyone, just tired of reading about this guy defending this scam artists.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:52 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
I have a problem with you dragon93308 and I'll tell you why.
I spent three hours last night reading almost 20 different links on 3 different forum's on this guy's action and in some threads there he was backing himself up under another user name. Few years later that other username was being defended for another shady transaction and it was in fact jim Voyles then too. He's also been known to change around and edit his posts after the sale of the item to make them sound as if he was truthful from the begining. How is any of that "HONEST"?
How can you go the last 5 or 6 years getting BANNED on at least three different forum's under at least 5 different user names for shady, Illicit, and dishonest transactions and consider that "REPUTABLE"??? What are you F'ing kidding me?? Are you serisouly trying to sell us on the fact that this guy is "HONEST AND REPUTABLE"???
In most threads there you are defending him claiming you know him and he's a good guy despite selling junk (https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...&highlight=jim ) and claiming it is in good running condition which tells me that you are dishonest yourself and have no sense of what is going on. OR in several threads the thought crossed my mind that you were Jim Voyles too. Your curiously ALWAYS defending him and your usually the ONLY one defending him regardless of the facts!!
Since you claim he's changed then why is he still screwing people over? If anything is shipped properly which he never seems to be able to do this "lost turbo's" would never of occured. Stop defending him, and since you know him tell him to stop screwing people over on the internet!
Sorry for the rant everyone, just tired of reading about this guy defending this scam artists.
You are my hero!
Old 05-25-2007, 05:00 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brian@JPA
You are my hero!
Mine too!

Quick Reply: Motorbuilt aka Jim Voyles Scammed Me!!!