IN MEMORY OF... performancetrucks.net members that have fallen. They will live on in our hearts and minds.

budhayes3 has passed away. Donate for his daughter here

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 11:12 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
sorry about your loss.

I don't plan to send a check without a "Dewey Entrance". You know me. Hell I might just drive it up there once it is time. I want to make sure I get to tell a human, his dad, his daughter someone in person that affects his daughter what he means to us and what this all about. We care because he cared. Easy. She needs to know that.

I WILL hand deliver it.
Dewey, for future reference for everyone, how long will you be accepting donations for? I know it's early to set an exact date, but for those who are waiting paychecks or after xmas, it may help them to know how long they have to contribute. Thanks for doing so much!
Old 12-14-2011, 11:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Donation sent, didn't know him but have seen his name many times, sure he has helped a lot of people on this site, and will be missed, god bless his family and his daughter, this is truly sad
Old 12-14-2011, 11:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Donation sent
Rip Billy
Old 12-14-2011, 11:20 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
Dewey, for future reference for everyone, how long will you be accepting donations for? I know it's early to set an exact date, but for those who are waiting paychecks or after xmas, it may help them to know how long they have to contribute. Thanks for doing so much!
They asked me that in the admin section. I don't have a date. I will gauge it off of interest. Once it dies down, IDK, 2-3 weeks maybe? Maybe longer. Hell I'll run into 2012 for sure. Whatever, I am good with waiting.

Guys, we are at $923. Black Bear Performance donated $200. Thanks Black Bear, you deserve that plug my friend. Thank you. I am off to bed (damn eastern standard times and my bottle of wine is empty), keep it up guys. You guys are proving a **** load of moxie tonight. Rock the **** on.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:24 PM
TECH Regular

Donation sent. Hope we can help Rosie out as much as possible. I actually have a 3 yr old daughter and couldnt image what she would be feeling knowing daddy wasnt coming back. RIP Billy and prayers with Rosie and the family
Old 12-14-2011, 11:25 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow almost a thousand dollars already? That's incredible!!! I bet his family will be absolutely shocked by this.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm glad IB is sending flowers on our behalf.. I'll be sending my donation tomorrow night at midnight when i get paid. Keep it up guys!!!
Old 12-14-2011, 11:28 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's an amazing amount of money for just a few hours, and an incredibly generous donation from Black Bear. Between that, and reading through these two threads it really shows how loved Billy is, and what a truly great guy he was.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:30 PM
TECH Resident

another 50 bucks headin there now
Old 12-14-2011, 11:31 PM
I hate my cats

I started a thread over on Tech in case anyone over there wants to help. Couldn't get the link to work, so hopefully someone over there fixes it soon. Holy frikkin **** guys, this is nuts....

**** Dewey, keep it open. This wasn't just some random dude, this was Billy. Maybe one of us can get in touch with his wife and the donation account can stay up and running. I'm gonna be wrenching on trucks a long long time and I'm not gonna forget about Billy anytime soon. I saw the jpeg on one of Scott's posts and couldn't believe it. First thought was about his daughter. When I found how it happened I thought of how my Old Man's best friend died the same way when I was a toddler and how much it still affects my dad. You're a good man for setting up the donation account. I'm completely heartbroken over this....

Last edited by Wyttrash96; 12-14-2011 at 11:45 PM.

Quick Reply: budhayes3 has passed away. Donate for his daughter here