IN MEMORY OF... performancetrucks.net members that have fallen. They will live on in our hearts and minds.

Everyone Inside Please, We have lost a member

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 12:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im really sad to see him go. Best of wishes to his family in this time of need. The best thing we all could do is remember him and continue what were doing to our Cars and Trucks. Im sure thats what he would want us to do.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear. I lost my Grandfather to Pancreatic Cancer. It may one of the worst (they all are terrible) cancers. It moves so fast and is so hard to stop. The research is so underfunded and overshadowed by all the others. His family will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Did'nt know much about John, but it sounds like he was a good guy. Sucks that he had to go out like that, RIP.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Unhappy RIP Brother John

Man.........I've been trying to put my thoughts into words the last few days, but it's been hard.

In 2005 I drove from Pittsburgh out to Calif to run in one of those track days at Fontana. By the time I got to Ventura to hang out with Tony-blown364, I was having a problrm with some audible knock. We went over to John's house on a Sunday to see what he thought. We sat around and bullshitted for an hour, or so. Then, He graciously changed a few things around in my tune, and we went for a ride, and he changed some more small things. Went for a dyno session the next evening and made great power, and no knock. Had a GREAT time at the track day that weekend! I remember John's truck reminded me of the mother ship.......everyone would pull up next to him to get their race tunes that day. He told me that night before we all left the track that he wanted to do some work on my trans tune, but I had to get going toward home the next day for some work stuff that came up. I offered to pay him for his tuning, but he refused. I just wanted to mention how generous, and fun the guy was to be around. He (and the rest of the guys, too) made me fell like I had been hanging with them all along.

Sorry for rambling, but I just wanted to say something. My thoughts, and condolences to his family.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

This is very sad, my prayers and thoughts are with his Family.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Teching In

Brian, Got your message last night but it was too late to call. Mark told me of Johns passing. I'm sorry to hear this. John was a stand up guy. I lost my Mother in law to cancer in September so the reality of how rough this is on the family is still fresh with me. Please pass along my condolences to his family and everyone at the shop.

Jersey
Old 03-07-2008, 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

never got a chance to know him but from whati have read he was a great guy and will truly be missed. My prayers go out to all who knew and loved him.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Banned

terrible news, may God rest his soul and bless his family with strength and understanding. I have lost a few loved ones to cancer int he past including an aunt just over a year ago and it is aweful. Since you are in touch with his family I hope you convey all of our heartfelt regret for their loss and love for them as fellow humans.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Old 03-07-2008, 09:16 PM
TECH Addict

wow thats horrible i talked to hima few times about getting my truck tuned i wish i could have met him

Quick Reply: Everyone Inside Please, We have lost a member