Miscellaneous Classifieds Anything not vehicle specific

Traxxas TMaxx nitro truck

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 12:21 PM
Need More N2O Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep its sold to jeff. they are very addictive. i have over $1500 in aftermarket parts on my tmaxx and thats covers about half the parts i want. i knew if i kept this one i would spend too much money. if you plan on running this on pavement i would look into wheelie bars lol.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Jeff, I wanna play. They make SOOOO much cool aftermarket **** for them. They make a three speed tranny for them too.
3L80E....
I have seen websites of compaines that sell functional superchargers for those damn engines....we will have to add an RC truck tread to this forum yet!
Old 10-18-2006, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have one too. im supposed to be selling it tomorrow to this guy i know./ it has an OS.18tm engine, serio tuned exhaust, carbon fiber braking, aluminum flywheel, traxxas big bore shocks, aluminum header,and robinson racing front and rear diff gears.

here are a couple of pics. if anybody interested pm me.im selling for 450

Old 10-18-2006, 01:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Haha... I Got A Couple T Maxx's..... Various Stages Of Modification.... Fun As Hell
Old 10-18-2006, 08:23 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a 1/8th scale 4wd buggy with a .21 rossy(think that was the brand its been a few years) that was fun as hell. At one of the events I launched it off one of the big tents you know the kind that have the center section raised up so it was like a ramp and we launched our cars off into the grass on the other side. I dont think they got their deposit back on the roof vinyl from all the burnout marks from all four spinning up the "ramp". It would do 73mph according to the radar gun, it was only a single speed trans but it was fun doing 360s in the rain with one tire lifted up. Jeff, if you need some help tuning it or playing iwth it let me know, Im a little rusty since I sold my car 6 years ago but Im sure I still know my way around a carb 3speed trans and bigger motor are the best mods to do by far
Old 10-18-2006, 08:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want to sell mine, but im never home enough to sell it.. haha
any takers? its a few months old, broken in, half gallon of fuel, clean as new, and runs perfect. i want 400+ shipping.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by duwem
3L80E....
I have seen websites of compaines that sell functional superchargers for those damn engines....we will have to add an RC truck tread to this forum yet!

yes i have one... i found it in the back of rc car action magazine.... i had to have it....

now maybe its just me but it sure seems like it picked up a helluva lot of top end....

then again its already got an xtm 247 motor, spool in rear... dual carbon braking, mip driveshafts (twisted the old ones apart) aluminum transmission case with 3 speed mod, and reverse delete. airtronics M8 fm radio, rpm (supposedly) "unbreakable" bulkheads, suspension arems, and body mounts. Extended custom aluminum skid plates, custom 5 mm chassis plate, custom aluminum chassis braces... home built custom roll cage (to protect all my goodies) I think thats about it.... it would already backflip withut a problem... then i added the supercharger, and it seems like i lost some low wnd but when it gets up high it really seems to have made a difference....

BTW ive only hit 3rd gear once...... truck has been clocked at 76 mph by radar gun , and that was in 2nd gear...

truck is way too squirrely for its own good, and god forgive me for saying this, but way too damn fast.

my more mild setup is a twin engine (ofna hyper 21) tmaxx.... eats gas like its going out of style.... but will jump like a madman... and when you floor it the tires freakin grow like a drag slick on a top fueler...

im thinkin about trying a revo.... wonder what i could do to that??
Old 10-19-2006, 09:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CHEVRACER83
. . .
then again its already got an xtm 247 motor, spool in rear... dual carbon braking, mip driveshafts (twisted the old ones apart) aluminum transmission case with 3 speed mod, and reverse delete. airtronics M8 fm radio, rpm (supposedly) "unbreakable" bulkheads, suspension arems, and body mounts. Extended custom aluminum skid plates, custom 5 mm chassis plate, custom aluminum chassis braces... home built custom roll cage . . . .
Do you have any links or pics to your mods? I've got one too, and I'd like to have some more metal on mine, especially the cage.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tootall
Do you have any links or pics to your mods? I've got one too, and I'd like to have some more metal on mine, especially the cage.

TELL YA WHAT... I WILL TAKE SOME PICS... OR SEE IF I CAN FIND SOME PICS SIMILAR TO MINE.....

I MADE ALOT OF THE STUFF ON MINE.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

MINE IS SIMILAR TO THIS....

Quick Reply: Traxxas TMaxx nitro truck