MULTIMEDIA (truck related) Post your Truck pictures and videos (PG-13)

Deaf video

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 06:09 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott

By the way, have you ever gotten pulled over by the cops? How do they respond to a deaf person driving?
I agree. ???
Old 12-01-2008, 06:11 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For English grammer please see me after class in the truck stop...back on track here. Do try and behave

I agree, your GF is very pretty and again I have no idea what she was communicating but I had fun watching
Old 12-01-2008, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

When I was working in St. Louis, I had one co-worker who was born a deaf/mute and one that went deaf at age 7 due to an illness, but he could hear real high pitch sounds- those higher than we talk, so he taught me ASL and I really loved it. I felt bad for these two guys, of the 100 employees, they only had each other to talk to, so I learned.

Problem was, then management wanted me to translate when they were having a meeting with these guys. After a while, I refused- didn't like it.

Funny thing, one time the deaf guy was operating a pretty expensive piece of equipment that he wasn't allowed to and it broke. When management and maintenance came out to fix it, they asked what happened, to which I replied, I don't know but I heard "John" (the deaf/mute) say, "Watch this!!", then it broke. Needless to say, management was NOT happy with my joke. I told the two deaf guys and they about **** their pants laughing. After that, the one deaf guy was like my best friend and would always bring that up and just laugh.

I left that job seven and a half years ago, and haven't signed since- I miss it...
Old 12-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Where's the Beef?

Originally Posted by buzzkillwill
I don't know but I heard "John" (the deaf/mute) say, "Watch this!!", then it broke.
That almost killed me. Very funny.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by A Low Dime
I agree. ???
Yall got good point about cop pulled over me. Yes a several times. For speeding. Mostly dismissed. Because you know that is required to have an interpeter once you are pull by cops. Because I have special license card to prove that I am deaf. They cant discuss until they call interpeter. WHY they had to dismiss me out. Because they dont want to pay interpeter or wait long. Depend on police. If it is Patrol which is in Ga could give a ticket 50/50 percent. Others things if deaf willing to write note to communicate with Police. It is against law. Because GACHI is under all power for deaf to support. But if deaf do all wildest drive as reckless. THey cant do anything. Police could give them ticket. But the speeding 50/50 if it is patrol. That is different reason.

Let me tell you a little story myself. Few years ago. I was drive on my truck. Even I was in highway normal speed. While I had daugther with me. Somehow my ex fiance and I had bad angrue. Something her step-father try to mess up on me. Even I dont know nothing at all. Somehow I saw dodge cop catch up on me so FAST. I looked at mirror to see whats up. I looked at my speedo it is same follow as sign show. About 5 minutes later they start turn light sirens. I was like why they want to pulled me over for what. So I was take time to change lanes. There is 4 lanes road I try to pull by end road. Somehow two polices cars passed on me. Say pulled over. Which is I DID pulled over already! I looked at my daugther she doing fine, She was drink a milk. two police ran across on me and grab on my shoulder. I kept tell them I am deaf! They kept yell at me. I getting more pissed off. Somehow they hitted my face. I got more pissed off and push them off. They put me handcuff. Went to jail which is my FIRST TIME in my life! I wont talk to them until interpeter. They didnt call until in the morning finally got interpeter. Court fine me for 5000 dollars for push polices for nothing. The reason they pulled me over bec I was doing kidnapping of my daugther. Which is my ex finace;s step father lied to them. I called GACHI and got all under power on me. They drop the fine and let me go home. And gave me a date have to come back to show up court. They wanted me go back jail for 5 years for push polices. I got mad and told them I want prove by video. They kept avoid. so GACHi and I got sued them. COURT finally found the video. And very shock cant believe why polices do that wrong things to me. They thought I was guilty. Which I would NOT guilty. Im honstely tell a truth. COURT dismissed me as well. They have to pay LOT OF MONEY on interpeter and GACHI. Because their hour rate pretty expensive. Which is I really thankful for them to support me. You know that court is responbily to provdie have an intepreter as always for deaf people who in court or whatever it is. So They relaize about deaf is. BE honestly ALl polices need to learn how to communicate with deaf serious. Because I read newspaper one deaf from California got killed which Police pulled him over twice for no reason. He was on way home from work. SOmehow he getting tired of same police to pulled over him for no reason. He had his driver licesne in his tshirt pocket. He tried to pull out the id somehow Police SHOOT HIM. HIs parent sued police over $1 million for that. Thats why Polices need to be careful! That is all my stories.
Reminder you- Make sure you know that my ex fiance not NICHOLE. That is LACEY. So now I have new girlfriend is Nichole which I gave you her link of video.

Last edited by Go5.3tt06; 12-01-2008 at 08:51 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by trever1t
For English grammer please see me after class in the truck stop...back on track here. Do try and behave

I agree, your GF is very pretty and again I have no idea what she was communicating but I had fun watching
Thanks. I love her. She is super sweet. I cant lose her. SHe is very good learning with sign language. She is very patience as well
Old 12-01-2008, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SimpleManLance
i just watched it. its pretty crazy. it never really crossed my mind as to how you would communicate with out being next to the person. thanks for sharing it was am eye opener.
i see that the video is on a TV. do they have portable video phones? something like cell phones?

wow. she is good looking. it looks like she caught on fast, i dont know what she said but it looks good to me.
The videophone what we have is- http://www.sorenson.com/
My girlfriend Nichole have videophone, she got D-link which is- http://www.dlink.com/products/?model=DVC-1000 that how we talked all the time.
The cell phone. ANY kind of phone. We do text, AIM. I use sidekick LX from TMOBILE. NOAH had IPHONE.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chevytruck
Thank for sharing with us. I think that most of us forget about the hearing impaired.

My mom used to work at a school for the hearing impaired here in Delaware, well its the only one that we have, it was awsome to watch and learn how the deff talk to each other.

People rember that most of the hearing impaired can read lips so even if you cant understand what thay are saying thay can understand you.
I agreed. That how I do lipreading sometimes. Sometimes its hard. But I can read on people. Depend on different people. Sometimes I dont understand. WOuld do pen and paper. WHen I met my gf first time. She not know how to sign. We do lip a little and do note and pen. AFter that she took class for ASL. Also I taught her some sign. Now she able talk to me sign no problem!
Old 12-01-2008, 09:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats a really cool story man and you have a very positive outlook at life, good luck with everything
Old 12-01-2008, 09:39 PM
TECH Veteran

So I guess I have a question through all this:

It seems that it has been made much easier for deaf people to communicate with each other, but how do you communicate with someone who doesn't know ASL?

I think the reason why I've always been curious about your spelling and grammar is that it seems you would need exceptional writing/typing skills in order to communicate with people like me and others who don't know ASL.

I will say that you type better than a lot of the people on this website.

Quick Reply: Deaf video