MULTIMEDIA (truck related) Post your Truck pictures and videos (PG-13)

Deaf video

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dated a deaf chick in high school and am pretty fluent, she was able to talk, sounded funny, but totally understandable, and she could read lips.

As far as their grammar, its hard to memorize all the rules of a language unless you know that they literally sound wrong, and that was the hurtle for the chick I was dating.

Funny story though, we were driving through town and she turned my head so I could face her while she signed to me, and I wound up running a red light, got pulled over and the cop starts giving me a hard time. He asks her if I always drive that way, she didnt even look at the guy, he says "hey, Im talking to you" nothing. Hes like "what are you deaf?" I said yeah dude she is, he told me to have a nice day.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NoChrome
I dated a deaf chick in high school and am pretty fluent, she was able to talk, sounded funny, but totally understandable, and she could read lips.

As far as their grammar, its hard to memorize all the rules of a language unless you know that they literally sound wrong, and that was the hurtle for the chick I was dating.

Funny story though, we were driving through town and she turned my head so I could face her while she signed to me, and I wound up running a red light, got pulled over and the cop starts giving me a hard time. He asks her if I always drive that way, she didnt even look at the guy, he says "hey, Im talking to you" nothing. Hes like "what are you deaf?" I said yeah dude she is, he told me to have a nice day.
Ha, thats so cool. It is good to know that you have some experince about deaf. Thats awesome!
Old 12-01-2008, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RandomHero
So I guess I have a question through all this:

It seems that it has been made much easier for deaf people to communicate with each other, but how do you communicate with someone who doesn't know ASL?

I think the reason why I've always been curious about your spelling and grammar is that it seems you would need exceptional writing/typing skills in order to communicate with people like me and others who don't know ASL.

I will say that you type better than a lot of the people on this website.
You have good one. Yeah lot of people who not do ASL. I will change different sign that way person able understand. I can change 4 or 5 different English sign. Yes that true alot of deaf people have problem with grammar writing. Like I was in high school senior year. I took graduation test for writing. I failed for 4 times. I took summer school to take practice for writing. Until 5th time FINALLY I passed! Able to get my full diploma. Now I start forget some writing properly. I am trying to keep practice to get improve. I want skill as hearing's grammar.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by trever1t
I agree, your GF is very pretty and again I have no idea what she was communicating but I had fun watching
Nice girlfriend man!
Old 12-01-2008, 11:18 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2 members have been banned for a month and one new guy banished for rude comments, I have better things to do than play post police. Cut the crap now...thank you.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:11 AM
On The Tree

Hey man, thats great to hear. Way to keep a positive outlook. Thats something I would like to get into more. Thanks for the info man, very cool to see another side of the spectrum.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00silverad0
Hey man, thats great to hear. Way to keep a positive outlook. Thats something I would like to get into more. Thanks for the info man, very cool to see another side of the spectrum.
Thanks. I will post yall when I have something to show yall to see how deaf people work like phone, drive, visior, etc. Give me sometimes to fix my video etc.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Cool deal Luke. I was gonna recommend you post up and let people know your deaf when u pmed me a few days ago. It brings a little more insight to understanding your grammar.

On another note, ive never ever thought of the idea of having different languages of sign language..... So many things are way too easy to be overlooked unless theyve been dealt with on a personal level.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by charcold-bowtie
Cool deal Luke. I was gonna recommend you post up and let people know your deaf when u pmed me a few days ago. It brings a little more insight to understanding your grammar.

On another note, ive never ever thought of the idea of having different languages of sign language..... So many things are way too easy to be overlooked unless theyve been dealt with on a personal level.
YEah. Im appericate for that. I really happy that people now know who I am and about deaf.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:27 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't think we're going to treat you any different or cut you any slack

Quick Reply: Deaf video