MULTIMEDIA (truck related) Post your Truck pictures and videos (PG-13)

Flame On!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 07:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whats the deal with the bed. Is it just bent or did you not get the framerails straight when you shortened it.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:50 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by outlawz2004
Whats the deal with the bed. Is it just bent or did you not get the frame rails straight when you shortened it.
The bed isn't straight. I simply cut the tail of the frame off. I didn't z it or anything. Just moved everything up. Mounted my 4 link and removed any frame sticking out past the rear mounting holes(furthest part factory frame goes to also).

The bed I got for fixing 2 small loader tires. It is a bit rough and was sitting on the ground for a wile. So the bottom edges are all rolled up a bit. I have 2 big dents to fix, a few small ones, and all four bottom edges to tweak and get back to spec. My other option was $1100 for a good clean bed. I took less then an hour or work plugging a few tires for this gem. The body work on the bed will hopefully get started this week.

I am shooting to have the truck running for NOV. 6th to run a test and tune that sat. My goals are trans picked up no later then Nov. 4th, side pipes done, dash mostly in(maybe missing a glove box, airbag, filler panel), and tarp in fully finished form. I will have the battery moved to the bed, driver seat and driver's belt mounted, I have some wiring to change for the fuel pump since I will have the battery in the bed, and a few other loose odds and ends. I would love to paint the bed to match, preferably, or black with steep angle of black on the cab corner/door depending on cash. Green is going to cost $250 plus. I am considering paying someone to paint or at least clear it because the last two times I sprayed clear it can out wavy as hell so much more costly if I do. Black would be quick rattle can and cost maybe $30-$40. If I go black, this winter it will get sanded off, body work wouldn't be 100% if I go black, and painted green.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:21 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So is the exhaust going out the bed or just under the frame, I'm confused, curious and not sure what else yet...however when I cut holes in my bed for exhaust I felt the same way.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:36 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh lord...
Old 10-26-2010, 05:09 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
So is the exhaust going out the bed or just under the frame, I'm confused, curious and not sure what else yet...however when I cut holes in my bed for exhaust I felt the same way.
The side pipe is being routed in a traditional side pipe fashion. The header comes off the motor, there will be a pipe coming down at a 45 from the collector then a 45 bend at the bottom of the cab making it parallel with the ground. Then a 90 into the flex pipe that will be in the hole in the frame.