MULTIMEDIA (truck related) Post your Truck pictures and videos (PG-13)

Hardcore Sitting

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 09:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

honestly you think your biceps would be the same size if you didnt use a chair you got some guns on you.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

damn this thread kinda went off topic
Old 01-13-2009, 09:34 PM
TECH Addict

is that a pic of the last supper behind you... anyways thats is badass both of you. and you both are freakin beasts!
Old 01-13-2009, 10:04 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine aren't even close to 17. And yea. If i wasn't in the chair they'd be the same or bigger cuz I'd do more heavy lifting. I'm a real hands on person and love hard labor. Up until my wreck at 16 I had been working on a farm since i was about 8 or 9.

And yes. thats a cheapo last supper picture. I'm not a religious person but I do believe in the importance of faith.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:12 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by viciousknid
Mine aren't even close to 17. And yea. If i wasn't in the chair they'd be the same or bigger cuz I'd do more heavy lifting. I'm a real hands on person and love hard labor. Up until my wreck at 16 I had been working on a farm since i was about 8 or 9.

And yes. thats a cheapo last supper picture. I'm not a religious person but I do believe in the importance of faith.
So you became paralyzed at 16 because of the wreck?? How old are you now? I'm sure it was pretty hard to get used to doing everyday simple things again. How bad of a wreck was it?
Old 01-13-2009, 10:29 PM
Where's the Beef?

It was the day before my 16th. wrecked a 3wheeler off a culvert. broke my collar bone, shoulder blade, few ribs. t4/t5 vertibra and fractured t11/t12 vert.
I deal with things pretty good. new right away what my situation was. Doc came in the room to tell me and I just said, yea I know.
As I said earlier. In rehab my therapists ran out of things for me to do. that's why they started setting up cones in the hallway.
Once I got out of rehab it took some time to adjust in public but now it's no big deal.
I'm 24 now.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:34 PM
Wearin' da big hat

So IDK if this is an akward question or not, but can you feel your legs still? I've always wondered if there is like different levels of paralysis or if its all the same. Can you feel them, just not move them, or is all connection with them lost?

Sorry for all the questions, just interested haha.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:41 PM
Where's the Beef?

Not all paralysis is the same. This is a very LOOSE reference but Imagine your wiring harness on your truck. If it gets smashed. some things are going to stop working . while others aren't.
I immediately couldn't feel anything from my stomach down. I have since gained more and more sensation and can move my stomach muscles now and feel them moving but still don't have skin feeling on my stomach. However i can rub my feet and it feels great. Kind of like when your leg falls asleep and is tingling really bad. its just a lot of tingling when I rub them. If you poke my foot with a pin my leg will kick, but I wont actually feel it.
No awkward questions. I'd be just as curious if it was the other way around and I'm comfortable with it by now.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:46 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Is it a distinct line or area where you begin to lose feeling, or is it a gradual loss of sensation?
Old 01-13-2009, 10:53 PM
Where's the Beef?

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
Is it a distinct line or area where you begin to lose feeling, or is it a gradual loss of sensation?
With my t4/t5 damage it's right where my chest and stomach meet. Its not like there's all the sudden no feeling really, it's more of a real quick transition.
What is REALLY annoying is sometimes I'll get an itch at the transition. and can't itch it. no matter how much i try, i can't get the itch to go away.

My mid back hurts pretty bad sometimes and my lower back is pretty much non stop pain. Lower is usually just a 3 out of 10 so I've gotten use to it. but occasionally it gets to be 8 or 9. My mid back has hurt REAL bad 3 times. twice I passed out an once I threw up.

Quick Reply: Hardcore Sitting