MULTIMEDIA (truck related) Post your Truck pictures and videos (PG-13)

IFS - skinny pedal - SNAP

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 08:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dalton
i work at o'reilly is that a 350 with a three quarter race cam?
shoot I have no idea in old school race terms.

but if you're like the jackass, I mean "big turkey" at the boat place that I called the other day . . . it's RV cam

I tried asking for some pointers for running cams in boat motors, and he acted like I was stealing all of his prized secrets. He kept saying if the cam is too big or has too much over lap, that it'll actually suck water back into the cylinders. So in the end he told me that he uses FAST automatic tuning software. I mentioned using HP Tuners on my truck and he had no idea what in the world I was talking about.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:12 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lots of fun!! Kinda shows why not too many guys take fairly stock, extreamly long trucks off roading too often.

What do you have for exhaust? Maybe it is the camera but it doesn't sound very good to me.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by custm2500
Lots of fun!! Kinda shows why not too many guys take fairly stock, extreamly long trucks off roading too often.

What do you have for exhaust? Maybe it is the camera but it doesn't sound very good to me.
yes, long wheel base does not work well offroad, or shallow approch angles either

the clatty claca clankin that you're hearing is dual open headers. I have two DMH cut outs that are right behind the passenger seat . . . and I had them open

The last 2 vids are with a different camera phone. The first set was taken with a Droid X, the last two were taken with a Sprint HTC
Old 01-19-2011, 01:23 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think it sounds ridiculously good!!
Old 01-19-2011, 07:54 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tootall
yes, long wheel base does not work well offroad, or shallow approch angles either

the clatty claca clankin that you're hearing is dual open headers. I have two DMH cut outs that are right behind the passenger seat . . . and I had them open

The last 2 vids are with a different camera phone. The first set was taken with a Droid X, the last two were taken with a Sprint HTC
After posting I read you had cutouts. Makes the sound much more understandable. Sounds pretty nasty(good) but if that was your everyday exhaust I wouldn't like it one bit.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by custm2500
After posting I read you had cutouts. Makes the sound much more understandable. Sounds pretty nasty(good) but if that was your everyday exhaust I wouldn't like it one bit.
yeah it's DD . . . tow rig . . . Grocery getter . . . road trip queen . . . . wifey approved cammed truck

I still have the stock cat back on there . . . cats and stock muffler. No drone on the freeway at all or low RPMs

Old 02-01-2011, 12:54 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice truck and videos. It's always fun seeing another cammed truck playing offroad. I can't count how many times the front air damn has come off my truck, but that's cause I'm trying to go where the jeeps go. I'd love to see how you would have made out with a fresh set of rubber on the truck.