MULTIMEDIA (truck related) Post your Truck pictures and videos (PG-13)

Just a few vids of the rigs in action...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 06:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was at the same event (Lightning Fest) that Parish came to, but a year earlier.

Originally Posted by nxpress03
They seem very smooth runs like you can run them all night and not worry about them breaking.
Really neither of them is working very hard. I keep the revs down, let the turbo do the work, and keep the tune relatively conservative. I've had some transmission problems with the big block, but hopefully the new build (as a diesel pulling truck transmission) will cure that. I can hot lap either truck three or four times with no issues and did the whole True Street thing with the cruiser (30 mile cruise, 3 back-to-back hotlaps) at LFest this past year.

It was acting like this last weekend when I tried to get a tune on the new computer and cam - it wouldn't shift gears AT ALL. Transmissions was smoked.
http://www.mr2turbz.com/videos/us41/MOV0A2.wmv

Couple of vids from fall 2006, same event -
http://www.fmosracing.com/videos/lfest2006/945.wmv
http://www.fmosracing.com/videos/lfest2006/952.wmv

Pump gas at the home track on street night -
http://www.fmosracing.com/videos/1fast4d.wmv

Shakedown pass on the pump gas tune (15 psi) after some head work-
http://www.fmosracing.com/videos/itb2006/15psi.wmv

Thanks for the nice comments! I hope to have some mo' betta vids of both rigs here shortly!

Last edited by FMOS Racing; 05-07-2007 at 06:37 AM.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:09 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Those are some great vids!! How embarrasing it must be for other people the HAVE to line up against you. I know I wouldn't be paying attention to anything in my truck. Probably just watch your tailgate get smaller and smaller. If you were to up the shift points how fast you think she'd go or is your powerband where your shifting her now?
Old 05-08-2007, 05:40 AM
On The Tree

I changed from a hydraulic cam to a solid roller over the winter, plus changed from a bank-fire to a fully sequential computer. Now I can turn it about 800 rpms more. I'm hoping I can get 8.80s@155 out of it this year. I'll be perfectly pleased with 8.999999@150!
Old 05-13-2007, 08:53 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by FMOS Racing
I changed from a hydraulic cam to a solid roller over the winter, plus changed from a bank-fire to a fully sequential computer. Now I can turn it about 800 rpms more. I'm hoping I can get 8.80s@155 out of it this year. I'll be perfectly pleased with 8.999999@150!

no ya won't. When you get that 8.999 timeslip the first words out ya mouth are going to be "If i would've launched a little harder that would've been an 8.80"
Old 05-14-2007, 05:09 PM
Staging Lane

nice!!!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2007, 06:23 AM
On The Tree

Went 11.67 in the tow rig last Tuesday, 9.37@149 in the big block Saturday. Also had a 151 mph pass in the big block. Tried turning the boost up to 20 psi (those two passes were both just under 17 psi) and it wouldn't keep the tires planted. Have to figure out the launch, run more tire, or lose some weight. Or all of the above...

I may install one of the nitrous kits I have sitting on the shelf in the garage on the big block just for the hit on the launch.

I drove the trucks to the track and drove them home on all the passes above.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:37 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dude that awesome and I can see that your having problems with tractions but I'm pretty sure that if you give it a hit of nitrous at the launch it's not gonna help your traction issues. You should run bigger rubber!
Old 05-22-2007, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

The traction problems happen when it reaches full boost at the top of second gear (I don't make full boost for about 2.5 seconds of a pass ). Hitting the suspension hard out of the hole puts the weight back on the tires where it needs to be. Right now my launches are so soggy that I don't get all the weight transfer I'd like.

You can see it really wrapping up the tire in this pic, but the front suspension is barely unloaded.

Old 05-24-2007, 06:48 AM
On The Tree

Old 05-26-2007, 11:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by FMOS Racing
The traction problems happen when it reaches full boost at the top of second gear (I don't make full boost for about 2.5 seconds of a pass ). Hitting the suspension hard out of the hole puts the weight back on the tires where it needs to be. Right now my launches are so soggy that I don't get all the weight transfer I'd like.

You can see it really wrapping up the tire in this pic, but the front suspension is barely unloaded.
What are you running for front springs??

Quick Reply: Just a few vids of the rigs in action...