MULTIMEDIA (truck related) Post your Truck pictures and videos (PG-13)

Looks like Quik does it again

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 04:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great numbers as always from Quik, but it never seems to perform at the track. i know the t56 is a bi*ch in a truck. i ran high 13's w 315rwhp and a nv3500 tho. he should be able to hit at least 11.0 w/ good tires.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by black4.8
great numbers as always from Quik, but it never seems to perform at the track. i know the t56 is a bi*ch in a truck. i ran high 13's w 315rwhp and a nv3500 tho. he should be able to hit at least 11.0 w/ good tires.
The more power you make the harder it is to get it to the ground with a manual tranny. Especially with a turbo, every time you shift the turbo has to respool and when it does all the tq blows the tires off.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
Is he still gonna run 13s at the track?
you should run him on the street. yall both run 13's so it should be a good race.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slowlsx
you should run him on the street. yall both run 13's so it should be a good race.
lol damn

the truck will be fast but damn george get some tires for the track!! you can make the t56 work but street 20s aint gonna work!
Old 05-16-2011, 08:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by charcoal03silvy
Something just doesn't seem right. Looks like foose04's little 4.8 would waste this heavily modded ls2

read and comprehend what was posted ! the truck was making shake down passes, plus has 20" steet tires with a T56 damn get real man! can your truck run him? seems like a call out to me ?

Originally Posted by black4.8

take it youre calling him out also? quiks truck is by far a race truck ( track truck ) on other sites he plaining says its for highway rolls, where the T56 would kill an auto he was making shakedown passes not even at full potiental. her has no desire to strip his truck diown. by the way i didnt post his results for people to hate on him, i posted for the people that admired his build and wanted to know the outcome or even if it was complete or not.

Originally Posted by quicksilverado
The more power you make the harder it is to get it to the ground with a manual tranny. Especially with a turbo, every time you shift the turbo has to respool and when it does all the tq blows the tires off.
thank you

Originally Posted by slowlsx

lol really i think that would be a couple of damn good races

that truck is insane on the street!!!
Old 05-16-2011, 09:14 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Better track times or Ban the messenger of the banned ! LOL.

I wa thinking trhe same thing, with all that power having a six speed would be a bitch to run it hard down the track without blowing the tires off and having to shift rightaway again. Gotta keep them turbos loaded.

I think an auto and some slicks would help quite a bit for track use, but highway playshould be lots of fun looks like.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by skeet
read and comprehend what was posted ! the truck was making shake down passes, plus has 20" steet tires with a T56 damn get real man! can your truck run him? seems like a call out to me ?

take it youre calling him out also? quiks truck is by far a race truck ( track truck ) on other sites he plaining says its for highway rolls, where the T56 would kill an auto he was making shakedown passes not even at full potiental. her has no desire to strip his truck diown. by the way i didnt post his results for people to hate on him, i posted for the people that admired his build and wanted to know the outcome or even if it was complete or not.

thank you

lol really i think that would be a couple of damn good races

that truck is insane on the street!!!

I like to be a alittle sarcastic , I'm sure that truck would be a monster with a 80E but that's not what he wants to do with it cause afterall it is his truck. I am one of the non haters that admire what he does. So I guess the hardest part is to admit your a hater, then it's all downhill after that
Old 05-16-2011, 11:32 PM
9 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good runs 124 is solid 10sec mph. Id put a auto in for a few runs, beat some *** then put the stick back in. Bet it would still trap mid 120's with the extra drag because it would get moving faster.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

people always hate on him. but he always makes power. im not a nut swinger by no means cause i can careless but you gotta give the guy credit. seems all he does is stick up for himself and not back down and he gets banned lol.

but its normal for that. i think i remember everyone hating on flaco saying hes lying about his set up. but good job on the build. and go run some 1000's on the highway
Old 05-17-2011, 03:19 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think before even touching the T-56 I think George should ditch the 4.10's. I know he loves them but that is why he's spinning in every gear IMO, aside from the tires and the power. If he threw in some 3.23's I bet he'd get much much better times.

And BadAssChevy327, I don't remember anyone knocking on Flaco, I think a long time ago when Flaco first started making headlines people were getting grumpy that any answers were slow to come by. He's always been open and honest but unlike most of us on here who debate what can and can't work on set-up's, he's out there actually doing it, which means he's not necessarily on here answering all our questions.

Quick Reply: Looks like Quik does it again