MULTIMEDIA (truck related) Post your Truck pictures and videos (PG-13)

My 4x4 Maggied 5.3 vs 2011 Mustang GT 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 12:05 AM
9 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice run. That elevation will slow down a NA car .5~.6 sec, and supercharged .2~.3.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:49 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys. I can't find my timeslip now! Anyways, I had the truck tuned by Westers since he's close to me here. I'm going to have it done again when I stick the 6.3 into it. I'll be upgrading to the 4L80 soon afterwards.

I just got back from cruising downtown tonight. The lights aren't synced very well so it makes for good stoplight racing. There was a guy in an '07 Mustang GT convertible and I pulled up beside him at the lights. It sounded really good. I yelled to him, "is it fast"? he said it had a turbo so I asked what kind. He told me it was a Roush. The guy's a tool, I clearly heard his blower whine over mine. I proceeded to blow him away three times in a row before he gave up. Way too funny. Just before the last one he said "yeah, yours is pretty fast, too"... so I told him his wasn't LOL! This truck is way too much fun and I don't even have my big engine in it yet.

Last edited by swift700; 05-15-2011 at 01:01 AM.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet ..
Old 05-15-2011, 12:57 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You should consider getting your own tuning software. Then you can datalog your runs at the track, and find the areas that can be improved. You'd be surprised at how much "dialing in" can be done at the track, and watch your E.T. drop!
Old 05-15-2011, 01:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by swift700
Thanks guys. I can't find my timeslip now! Anyways, I had the truck tuned by Westers since he's close to me here. I'm going to have it done again when I stick the 6.3 into it. I'll be upgrading to the 4L80 soon afterwards.

I just got back from cruising downtown tonight. The lights aren't synced very well so it makes for good stoplight racing. There was a guy in an '07 Mustang GT convertible and I pulled up beside him at the lights. It sounded really good. I yelled to him, "is it fast"? he said it had a turbo so I asked what kind. He told me it was a Roush. The guy's a tool, I clearly heard his blower whine over mine. I proceeded to blow him away three times in a row before he gave up. Way too funny. Just before the last one he said "yeah, yours is pretty fast, too"... so I told him his wasn't LOL! This truck is way too much fun and I don't even have my big engine in it yet.
That's what I wanna hear... Now you just being a bully lol
Old 05-15-2011, 03:07 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn i wish i could have witnessed that. I love blowing away "sports cars"
Old 05-15-2011, 09:51 AM
TECH Resident

I'm seriously considering buying HP Tuners. As far as using it goes, I'd be a little lost but I'm sure I can figure it out. I was thinking of having Westers do the base tune for the new engine and injectors and then tweaking it from there. I know that if I want the tune to be perfect, there will be a ton of reading and experimentation to get things right.

As far as beating mustangs goes, I've always had it out for those cars. The guys that drive them need to be put in their places, as the attitude oozes to the extreme. Most of the guys who own them can't drive them well, especially the guys with the manual transmissions. It makes for easy pickin's. I do enjoy a good ricer kill, too. In fact when I was almost home last night there was a kid in a Prelude who was looking for a race. We eyed each other really quick and both hit it at the same time. We both jammed the brakes and turned right onto another road. When he got close I hit it again and left him behind. He immediately took the next turn off.

To date, I've only been beat by a 370Z in a roll on. That was before my current pulley setup though. There are lots of guys with nice cars in this town, but it seems they're either too slow or the drivers are inexperienced. The 4wd coupled with 4.10's and the Magnusen makes these trucks stoplight killers.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:52 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Id learn to tune on that stock motor rather than that nice shiney motor...
Old 05-15-2011, 12:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by swift700

As far as beating mustangs goes, I've always had it out for those cars. The guys that drive them need to be put in their places, as the attitude oozes to the extreme. Most of the guys who own them can't drive them well, especially the guys with the manual transmissions. It makes for easy pickin's. I do enjoy a good ricer kill, too. In fact when I was almost home last night there was a kid in a Prelude who was looking for a race. We eyed each other really quick and both hit it at the same time. We both jammed the brakes and turned right onto another road. When he got close I hit it again and left him behind. He immediately took the next turn off.
I know exactly what you are talking about, in my neighborhood we have 3-4 mustangs and one guy just so happens to have a red 2011 mustang GT 5.0. Every time he goes by he try's to show off or when he gets to the main road just out of the neighborhood he floors it every time also. One day It was Mothers Day actually, he and his friend drove by when we were outside with family and when he got to the main road he opened it up and hit the rev limiter for 10 seconds. I guess this guy does this daily and just drives up to the gas station, fills it up then comes back home. Anyway when he was coming back home on Mothers Day (this was 15mins later) he stopped in front of our house/driveway and "attempted" to do a burnout and failed miserably. He revved it up and couldn't even spin the tires.. I bet the guy was real embarrassed. This guy can't drive for ****, anyone else could of done better. I don't think the guy shows off as much now.

Don't get me wrong the guys car sounds good but he needs to drive a Miata or something.

Anyway I normally don't tell any stories that happen but, I thought you guys might want to hear it lol..
Old 05-15-2011, 01:10 PM
TECH Resident

Id learn to tune on that stock motor rather than that nice shiney motor...
Kinda what I was thinking, but man, it's sitting here in my garage begging to go in! I just need a few days off work... besides, you guys can help me out with the tune, right?

Anyway I normally don't tell any stories that happen but, I thought you guys might want to hear it lol
I love to hear those stories, it confirms what I always suspected about those Mustang owners. They have a lot of class, but it's all third.

Quick Reply: My 4x4 Maggied 5.3 vs 2011 Mustang GT 5.0