MULTIMEDIA (truck related) Post your Truck pictures and videos (PG-13)

raced a 6.0 extended cab with cam.......

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 12:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cttandy
I find it super annoying that this site so easily finds one person and hammers the crap out of him. I know I have missed a bunch of the LBB posts, and I am sure based on his posting style some of this is deserved, back off a bit on the guy and try to keep it civil.
I dont agree with this. I find this site is very fair and doesnt do this as compared to other sites I am on. As far as bashing LBB, he must have done something in the past that makes everyone dislike him, I dont know. I do think its crazy to keep argueing over why he manually shifts his truck, its his truck, let him tear it up if he wants to. As far as what engine he has, if he doesnt want everyone to know what setup he's running, thats his choice. Now with the post I have read from him, it does seem like he says some things at times, then later changes his story. Oh and IBTL.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:15 PM
doesn't know what quit means

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by outlawz2004
i dont agree with this. I find this site is very fair and doesnt do this as compared to other sites i am on. As far as bashing lbb, he must have done something in the past that makes everyone dislike him, i dont know. I do think its crazy to keep argueing over why he manually shifts his truck, its his truck, let him tear it up if he wants to. As far as what engine he has, if he doesnt want everyone to know what setup he's running, thats his choice. Now with the post i have read from him, it does seem like he says some things at times, then later changes his story. Oh and ibtl.
exactly
Old 12-05-2009, 01:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by outlawz2004
I dont agree with this. I find this site is very fair and doesnt do this as compared to other sites I am on. As far as bashing LBB, he must have done something in the past that makes everyone dislike him, I dont know. I do think its crazy to keep argueing over why he manually shifts his truck, its his truck, let him tear it up if he wants to. As far as what engine he has, if he doesnt want everyone to know what setup he's running, thats his choice. Now with the post I have read from him, it does seem like he says some things at times, then later changes his story. Oh and IBTL.
To a degree. I am a member of a lot of forums, most I only observe and never post. I go by the same name on all forums. I see other sites picking on people, but sometimes it goes a bit to far on here. I would say the exact same thing on another forum.

If you really enjoy seeing someone get hammered, join pirate4x4. They will destroy every word you type. Those guys really go at it, but they really know their stuff.

By the way, LBB, when I manually shift my truck, I only start off in the low gear. Once I am moving or under load, I pop the tranny up to the next gear and let the trans do the rest of the work itself. Seems if I don't, I forget and I find myself bouncing off the rev limiter!

On older vehicles, if I have the ability to adjust the shift linkages, I set them for a quick short shift for fuel mileage. If I need to hold a gear out longer, I do it myself by manually shifting. I seldom find myself running a vehicle hard anymore. My malibu will not be setup like this. It will be a toy, and setup up to be run hard for fun.

Last edited by cttandy; 12-05-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:09 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

this thread is funny. nice wins LBB. the runs looked clean enough to me on the 1st and 3rd runs. 2nd looked like you were out a fender on him but we all know who would have won.

BUT

i agree everything that LBB says contradicts something else he has said in the past. but who cares if he grabs 1st? very often, i will reach down and grab whatever gear i want from a roll. on the track, i figure that the pcm can do a better job than me so i just leave it in D.

but on the street, sometimes i want to grab 2nd gear doing 70mph and my pcm wont let me. bullshit, i reach down and make it grab 2nd. sure its rough on the transmission, but if you have one built worth a crap it will take it no problem. i grab 1st at 30mph all the time even though i have the tow/haul button tuned in. if you have the right tires, it will jump out ALOT harder that way.

AND A LITTLE BIRDY TOLD ME THAT LBB IS RUNNING NITROUS.

discuss

Last edited by TXsilverado; 12-05-2009 at 02:16 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:11 PM
SPAM HUNTER

you mean NNNNAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! !!!
Old 12-05-2009, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
this thread is funny. nice wins LBB. the runs looked clean enough to me on the 1st and 3rd runs. 2nd looked like you were out a fender on him but we all know who would have won.

BUT

i agree everything that LBB says contradicts something else he has said in the past. but who cares if he grabs 1st? very often, i will reach down and grab whatever gear i want from a roll. on the track, i figure that the pcm can do a better job than me so i just leave it in D.

but on the street, sometimes i want to grab 2nd gear doing 70mph and my pcm wont let me. bullshit, i reach down and make it grab 2nd. sure its rough on the transmission, but if you have one built worth a crap it will take it no problem. i grab 1st at 30mph all the time even though i have the tow/haul button tuned in. if you have the right tires, it will jump out ALOT harder that way.

AND A LITTLE BIRDY TOLD ME THAT LBB IS RUNNING NITROUS.

discuss

Thanks stew and no i am not running nitrous you can meet me today or any day and i will show you under my hood
Old 12-05-2009, 02:37 PM
SPAM HUNTER

Originally Posted by lablackbeast
Thanks stew and no i am not running nitrous you can meet me today or any day and i will show you under my hood
amateur you can hide that **** easily...i ruined a guys day when he popped the hood on his z28 and said find the nitrous so i pointed out the lines ran under the intake, and hidden nozzle...
Old 12-05-2009, 02:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cttandy
LBB the only thing I have to say is learn to read and write properly. I understand that there are some deaf/mute people on the site and their posts can sometimes be difficult to translate, but DADGUM BOY, half of what you type makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. If people could understand what was being posted, they would be way more likely to believe you.

As to your driving style, I could careless. To each their own, it is your truck. I have manually shifted many automatic transmissions and the average life on those transmissions has well exceeded 350,000 miles. Granted, I wasn't making the power most of you guys are making, but it didn't hurt the trans. Both my burb and pickup have manual/auto valve bodies in them. If you put them in 2nd they will take off in 2nd, but in 3rd or overdrive they take off in 1st. Both vehicles will not UPSHIFT unless you move the shifter to the next higher gear. In stock form, neither truck would start in second, and if you put the truck in first, they would still upshift. The manual/auto style valve body might be what he is referring to, as opposed to a full manual valve body.

I find it super annoying that this site so easily finds one person and hammers the crap out of him. I know I have missed a bunch of the LBB posts, and I am sure based on his posting style some of this is deserved, back off a bit on the guy and try to keep it civil.

great post man!!

if you notice its the same ole guys that talk **** on him and a few newbies follow!!! who really cares about what LBB's truck can do? i dont, whats even ******* worse the ones that **** with him there trucks are slower than his so wtf!! let the **** die.. yeah i understand some of his post gets whacked or is out there, but damn give the guy a break, like mentioned he's only 16 and maybe just wants to be a part of this site which NO one here is letting him,much less anyone else, his termonolgy may not be up to par like most here or the ones that think there **** is lmfao!!!

this thread should have been closed a long time ago what great MODS this site has!!!!
Old 12-05-2009, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by skeet
great post man!!

if you notice its the same ole guys that talk **** on him and a few newbies follow!!! who really cares about what LBB's truck can do? i dont, whats even ******* worse the ones that **** with him there trucks are slower than his so wtf!! let the **** die.. yeah i understand some of his post gets whacked or is out there, but damn give the guy a break, like mentioned he's only 16 and maybe just wants to be a part of this site which NO one here is letting him,much less anyone else, his termonolgy may not be up to par like most here or the ones that think there **** is lmfao!!!

this thread should have been closed a long time ago what great MODS this site has!!!!
Thanks skeet and Atleast you notice they always talking and they all the same mofhos
Old 12-05-2009, 02:47 PM
SPAM HUNTER

mofhos...

Quick Reply: raced a 6.0 extended cab with cam.......