MULTIMEDIA (truck related) Post your Truck pictures and videos (PG-13)

raced a 6.0 extended cab with cam.......

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 07:30 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lablackbeast
its nothing stupid about it, is like not droping to 2 gear on a race a standard from a 30........BTW why does bother yall so much
It is totally retarded.. Like stated you do not have a manual body in the truck, why shift it like it does???? It is tuned when to shift.. But if it makes you feel better go on wit ya bad self
Old 12-03-2009, 07:35 PM
doesn't know what quit means

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
It is totally retarded.. Like stated you do not have a manual body in the truck, why shift it like it does???? It is tuned when to shift.. But if it makes you feel better go on wit ya bad self
ok but my point is that is ifi leave it on D it will take a while to respond
Old 12-03-2009, 07:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its nothing stupid about it, is like not droping to 2 gear on a race a standard from a 30........BTW why does bother yall so much
Because its a really retarded thing to do in a vehicle with an automatic transmission. It serves no purpose other than you being able to hold a gear longer ( With a shift kit of course), which you can do the same with your shifts programmed. It also opens up the room for error and excuses on your part, such as you holding the gear till you hit the rev limiter and screwing yourself up. Not only that, but then I seem to hear the moronic excuse of "I missed a shift", in an automatic. Just explain to me what it actually does to improve the way your truck performs?
Old 12-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Baltimore Whore

ok but my point is that is ifi leave it on D it will take a while to respond
PUT IT IN 3rd.. 3rd gear should pull you well into 100mph...
Old 12-03-2009, 07:50 PM
doesn't know what quit means

Originally Posted by 02Reaper
Because its a really retarded thing to do in a vehicle with an automatic transmission. It serves no purpose other than you being able to hold a gear longer ( With a shift kit of course), which you can do the same with your shifts programmed. It also opens up the room for error and excuses on your part, such as you holding the gear till you hit the rev limiter and screwing yourself up. Not only that, but then I seem to hear the moronic excuse of "I missed a shift", in an automatic. Just explain to me what it actually does to improve the way your truck performs?
look man i never said or made any excuses and let me drive the way i do OK??
Old 12-03-2009, 08:06 PM
12 Second Truck Club

are you talking about the last one on the last video???
yea the 40 or 45 punch
Old 12-03-2009, 08:12 PM
TECH Resident

look man i never said or made any excuses and let me drive the way i do OK??
I just want you to know how crazy it sounds when people like you claim to "manually shift" automatic vehicles. I really like watching your videos and all, but some of ya'll need to get with the program.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hey LBB i do the same thing in my truck so dont get discouraged. And for all yall to know why its because if i just put it in drive and punch it and it starts to spin it shifts into second because the rps juump up so fast, therefor slowin me way down. And yes my truck is tuned and tuned pretty good from Nelson Performance but thats the reason for me shiftin manualy and probably the same reason for LBB.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:51 PM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by blackvmax07
hey LBB i do the same thing in my truck so dont get discouraged. And for all yall to know why its because if i just put it in drive and punch it and it starts to spin it shifts into second because the rps juump up so fast, therefor slowin me way down. And yes my truck is tuned and tuned pretty good from Nelson Performance but thats the reason for me shiftin manualy and probably the same reason for LBB.

Even then LBB has a big verter in his truck.. Do you??? it is going to spin no matter how you shift it. Leaving it in a selected gear there is alot less room for *** up.. You guys can do it how you want, were just telling you it is
Old 12-03-2009, 09:00 PM
12 Second Truck Club

manually shifting really is something a kid or a newb would do. there is a reason you have an AUTOMATIC. i think you just think it looks cool when you drop it in gear and blip the throttle. i've seen you do that in every video.

Quick Reply: raced a 6.0 extended cab with cam.......