MULTIMEDIA (truck related) Post your Truck pictures and videos (PG-13)

Some BadAss Racing DOWN SOUTH!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 01:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Roll racing does show HP more then anything gearing if you noticed on all those were either 4.10 or 3.73s, the 3.73s will have a slight advantage up top but mph at the track is indicative of HP therefore roll racing shows which vehicle has more hp with all other things being equal like rcsb or ecsb 2wd or 4wd. The slight variation in gearing is almost a mute point. Now if it were 3.42s vs 4.10s...

Who cares if they like to roll race, thats what they wanted to do and obviously all agreed to race from a roll.
F that, put the whole combo to a test, go from a dig also. HP isn't the only thing that wins races, suspension and such plays a huge part as well.

Racing is racing weather from a roll or a dig, I do both, but it all starts from a stop. If you want to test the top end just go for a longer distance.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock Rocker
why all the roll racing? what you guys are doing is more a function of your gearing than how fast your truck is.

Roll Racing = Not Badass

ON two of the races they raced from a dig. The 07 chevy classic, raced once from a dig with the silver 00. Then BlackPearl (2 tone GMC) also raced the silver truck from a dig and put about 4 trucks on the guy. They raced from a 15 roll and BlackPearl put about 7-8 trucks on the other guy. Its worthless racing from a dig when all you do is spin 1-2 gear. Next time ill head out there maybe this Vortce Max guy wants to race a baby camm.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:42 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06 DREAMING
F that, put the whole combo to a test, go from a dig also. HP isn't the only thing that wins races, suspension and such plays a huge part as well.

Racing is racing weather from a roll or a dig, I do both, but it all starts from a stop. If you want to test the top end just go for a longer distance.
Not everyone has AWD/4wd, what is the point in racing on the street with street tires on an un-prepped surface all while making pretty decent HP seems kind of pointless to me. I agree people who put a bunch of power under the hood should take the proper steps to make them hook but not everyone can afford to link the rear end to make a truck hook on the street. Either way the people in the vid agreed to run from a roll so what does it really matter to you? And if you didnt notice atleast two of those races were from a dig or SLOW 5mph punch. How many high HP cars do you see racing from a dig on the street? None, its just hard and dangerous to race from a dig in a 2wd with some power on the street. Take it easy on the guys, they were just seeing who is the fastest NOT the quickest

There is a reason why I have a 4wd
Old 08-28-2007, 01:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

they were just seeing who is the fastest NOT the quickest
And I said I do both as well, I was just making the point of your statement about HP not being the only factor. Which you agree with.

BTW, AWD owns all on the street
Old 08-28-2007, 02:01 PM
TECH Addict

Where were the fast trucks?
Old 08-28-2007, 02:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Cool vids and definantly badass trucks

Last edited by XLR8NSS; 08-28-2007 at 10:04 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Dock Rocker
why all the roll racing? what you guys are doing is more a function of your gearing than how fast your truck is.

Roll Racing = Not Badass
The first two were from a dig, the 2nd was from a complete stop.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:50 PM
TECH Resident

thanks for the comments guys...over here we like to do all types of racing, all the stall guys like to race from 40-50mph due to traction problems. Now that I dont have a stall anymore, I agreed to dead stop racing but once I hit my power band at around 3000rpm I did a crazy smoke show and stilll passed the guy while doing it. The other chevy truck didnt have problems cus he was using drag radials.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:59 PM
TECH Resident

BlackPearl, I love the colo scheme on your truck man and that other truck looks pretty good too just not a fan of the fender flares and painted front lights. Definately some nice trucks.

Roll racing does show HP more then anything gearing if you noticed on all those were either 4.10 or 3.73s, the 3.73s will have a slight advantage up top but mph at the track is indicative of HP therefore roll racing shows which vehicle has more hp with all other things being equal like rcsb or ecsb 2wd or 4wd. The slight variation in gearing is almost a mute point. Now if it were 3.42s vs 4.10s...

Who cares if they like to roll race, thats what they wanted to do and obviously all agreed to race from a roll.
thanks bro!! I like it alot too...only bad part is I can't take a **** without someone seeing me, haha..wen i'm dating a girl I have to just be with her and no one else cus I'll get caught for sure cus someone will see my truck
Old 08-28-2007, 03:50 PM
I Like Gold!!!

GReat racin pearl...sick *** 07 classic. Reminds me of pacos truck!!!!

ohh ya let the internet typing wars start....lmfao!!!

Quick Reply: Some BadAss Racing DOWN SOUTH!!