MULTIMEDIA (truck related) Post your Truck pictures and videos (PG-13)

The Sonoma from Street Outlaws dyno

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 12:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phantom
Two reasons I can think of off the top of my head. None of our cars are set up for roll racing. It's not something we've ever even thought because BECAUSE

Reason number 2...how the hell do you set up a roll race for $50k? How do you determine if someone jumped and where is the finish line? Sounds like they're just trying to by out of a race to me
And not a lot of ppl build their cars for 1/8th mile on the streets. Stance auto works set up an event that would have been perfect for all the okc boys, 1/8 mile at a small air strip $11k to first place no track prep no cops and no rules. Surprised y'all didn't show up to that one and check out "tx2k14 dig meet" on YouTube blazonic took it if your wondering.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by YoungBoss
And not a lot of ppl build their cars for 1/8th mile on the streets. Stance auto works set up an event that would have been perfect for all the okc boys, 1/8 mile at a small air strip $11k to first place no track prep no cops and no rules. Surprised y'all didn't show up to that one and check out "tx2k14 dig meet" on YouTube blazonic took it if your wondering.
I can't speak for everybody, but this week was the first time i'd ever heard about dig night or whatever. pretty sure they wouldn't have allowed our cars in anyways. no big deal. they're filming season 3 right now anyways

lot of 1/8th mile street racers. it's hard to find a good stretch of road that has enough shut down for a car to stop from 190+ mph that a 1/4 mile race would result in.
Old 03-16-2014, 04:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by YoungBoss
My thoughts exactly.
Seems to me like the show is setup to wear the okc guys won't loose. Of course these full blown track/trailered cars are gonna beat an actual street driven daily driven vehicle.
It all goes back to the "street outlaws" vehicles not being street cars...

Just my .02$
Old 03-16-2014, 05:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by abey15
My thoughts exactly.
Seems to me like the show is setup to wear the okc guys won't loose. Of course these full blown track/trailered cars are gonna beat an actual street driven daily driven vehicle.
It all goes back to the "street outlaws" vehicles not being street cars...

Just my .02$
Ehhh I'm from buffalo and never met any of the 405 but I knew their names and cars before the show came out. The show is exaclt that A SHOW that we all talk about and love to see. Turn the tv off and they still have stupid fast cars that accept call outs and actually talk to people like u and me. Like phantom. Shawn murder nova actually replied to my Facebook message. How sweet is that? Now they can't even accept anymore friends because they hit the limit or turned it off from being flooded.

I do love the vid where crazy Kelly was driving down the road next to the murder nova on the trailer. You gotta admit that was funny.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:24 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Choda
Ehhh I'm from buffalo and never met any of the 405 but I knew their names and cars before the show came out. The show is exaclt that A SHOW that we all talk about and love to see. Turn the tv off and they still have stupid fast cars that accept call outs and actually talk to people like u and me. Like phantom. Shawn murder nova actually replied to my Facebook message. How sweet is that? Now they can't even accept anymore friends because they hit the limit or turned it off from being flooded.

I do love the vid where crazy Kelly was driving down the road next to the murder nova on the trailer. You gotta admit that was funny.
Krazy Kelly is a cool ****

Setup to where we can't lose? Nobody is forced to go on the show. We've never claimed the cars were daily drivers. That's just what everyone infers when they hear the term "street car". Or the excuse they use because their cars aren't as fast.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:57 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Phantom
Krazy Kelly is a cool ****

Setup to where we can't lose? Nobody is forced to go on the show. We've never claimed the cars were daily drivers. That's just what everyone infers when they hear the term "street car". Or the excuse they use because their cars aren't as fast.
No and I didn't say y'all claim they are daily driven. But a true street vehicle... Should be street able ... Daily.

That bring said yes they are fast. And yes they are awesome.
I'd like to come and meet em all. Very nice rides for sure.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:02 PM
TECH Regular

What I meant, is the vehicles on the show are always racing vehicles that don't have a chance in the world to beat the okc rides. Lol. Unless one of the okc rides breaks. And maybe they do have a chance who knows.

Like I said, I really enjoy the show. It's awesome!

Still staged IMO . Maybe not everything. But some of it
Old 03-16-2014, 06:35 PM
11 Second Club

What I meant, is the vehicles on the show are always racing vehicles that don't have a chance in the world to beat the okc rides. Lol. Unless one of the okc rides breaks. And maybe they do have a chance who knows.
It's street racing. Anything can and will happen. Boostedgt, Gypsy mike, av boys, jeff lutz, lmr, anybody else who's been on could win at anytime. They're all very smart and know how to make a car work and their cars are very fast.

Like I said, I really enjoy the show. It's awesome!
then why continue to criticize?

Still staged IMO . Maybe not everything. But some of it
Of course. It's a tv show. The races are 100% real. When you line up and go of the button, there's no faking that. The arguments and parts where it looks like somebody is about to fight...that's real too

Of course they have to add stuff in for entertainment to people who watch who don't just care about the cars
Old 03-16-2014, 06:56 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No nutswinging here , since we are talking about the show here's my thoughts .

I'm glad it's on the tube , what other shows do guys like us have that's even close to the stuff we like ? Correct me if I'm wrong but they are all GM based power plants if not one or two fords , no Jap **** like I see everywhere else . I love it , I'm watching drag racing right now and how fucked up is it that top fuel cars are Toyota ? Makes me sick .
Also loving the forced induction on the show and getting to see BC Red turboed truck . And the poncho is sick .
All in all even if the producers jazz stuff up for TV these vehicles haul *** and are the kind I enjoy seeing .

Now on Topic how much did that truck put down ? Lol
Old 03-16-2014, 07:09 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

Where can i get an indy car motor for my truck? Lol. I watch street outlaws because its entertaining. I dont hear anyone bitching about how SVU stages their rape scenes...

Quick Reply: The Sonoma from Street Outlaws dyno