MULTIMEDIA (truck related) Post your Truck pictures and videos (PG-13)

turbo 4.8 truck vs turbo 5.3 fox.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 06:06 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by iamkeniff
Why is it "gay" to roll race? Can you stop in the middle of the interstate an get a dig run in?

I like both an from a roll is always fun bc it gives those slower e.t trucks with good moh to prove what they have in their setup
In my opinion is is gay for a few reasons.
"drag racing" in my mind is from a dead stop. There is no skill in "roll racing" It is one of two things, who can get a slight jump on the stellar 3 horn blows, or who simply who makes more hp. Not very entertaining kinda like a one armed boxing match but worse. There is a reason why there is no "RRHA" roll racing hotrod association. Not saying I don't like to play around on the highway but sure as hell I am not going to "set up" a race for the highway.

The best part about drag racing for me is the first 60-100 feet! I don't know about you but that feeling of being smashed into your seat is absolutely amazing. That is 99% the fun of drag racing, and you don't have that nearly as much with cruising the highway.

Obviously it is my opinion but roll racing is the worst thing you could possibly set up involving two cars. If you want to drag race then do it, if you want to keep the speeds up then join nascar!
Old 10-16-2012, 08:22 AM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I hate when an LS is put in a ford . Where's their power train at???

Nice lookin truck and it moves out!
Old 10-16-2012, 08:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah IM not a fan if cross breeds eaither, id rather have a Ford engine if I was going to drive a ford. But a 3k lb car with a fairly stout 8.8in rear end with a ls turbo will go vary fast for cheap, I see why those who don't care do it. The two of us ain't even close to being in the same class but it was fun anyways.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by custm2500
But is always gay to roll race no matter where you are!
What's really gay is sitting behind your computer screen with NOTHING TO RACE and calling PEOPLE WHO ARE RACING, gay.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The best part about drag racing for me is the first 60-100 feet! I don't know about you but that feeling of being smashed into your seat is absolutely amazing. That is 99% the fun of drag racing, and you don't have that nearly as much with cruising the highway.
You have never driven a turbo truck have you? the rush from 5psi ramping up to 15psi is so much fun!!!

Originally Posted by Phantom
What's really gay is sitting behind your computer screen with NOTHING TO RACE and calling PEOPLE WHO ARE RACING, gay.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:39 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Sorry I don't have the money to finish my project. Like plenty of other people on this forum my truck is waiting to be finished. That has no effect on that tuners are gay and so is roll racing.

At nonnie:
I have got to imagine that anything high power, especially a turbo spooling is a lot of fun! But that doesn't make roll racing any less useless in my opinion. Do that **** like it is meant to be done from a dig. You have the instant Gs along with the strong *** pull from the boost!
Old 10-16-2012, 11:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

unless you cant keep traction....

i havent 60' less than 2.005 in years..
Old 10-16-2012, 11:53 AM
11 Second Club

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry I don't have the money to finish my project. Like plenty of other people on this forum my truck is waiting to be finished. That has no effect on that tuners are gay and so is roll racing.

At nonnie:
I have got to imagine that anything high power, especially a turbo spooling is a lot of fun! But that doesn't make roll racing any less useless in my opinion. Do that **** like it is meant to be done from a dig. You have the instant Gs along with the strong *** pull from the boost!
Just as a figured. You really have no clue what you're talking about(as usual)

If your **** doesn't sit you back from a roll, then you need to pill it up or turn up the boost.

Roll racing isn't necessarily my thing, but I won't turn down any kind of race because, I LIKE TO RACE. Gay is turning down a race because "roll racing is gay".
Old 10-16-2012, 12:05 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
unless you cant keep traction....

i havent 60' less than 2.005 in years..
Time to work on the suspension then.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:11 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Just as a figured. You really have no clue what you're talking about(as usual)

If your **** doesn't sit you back from a roll, then you need to pill it up or turn up the boost.

Roll racing isn't necessarily my thing, but I won't turn down any kind of race because, I LIKE TO RACE. Gay is turning down a race because "roll racing is gay".
I love to race also, but I go to the strip or local street races to race from a standing start. It is where much of the skill and effort put into building a drag racing car is shown. Getting it to hook and being able to launch given your "track" conditions. I would turn down a roll race if one was offered because I do feel it is stupid. If you can't race me from a dig the we won't race.

Most of what we are arguing about is opinon so you have yours and I will have mine. If you want to watch all these lame *** roll racing vids people post that is fine. I personaly will skip every single one of them.

Quick Reply: turbo 4.8 truck vs turbo 5.3 fox.