MULTIMEDIA (truck related) Post your Truck pictures and videos (PG-13)

wheel hop!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 10:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont really know about the wheel hop but the ending of the video was pretty legit haha
Old 02-08-2012, 04:07 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 5speedsilverado
do you have pics of them on?
i can take some but, their just homemade Caltracs. their website has a several pics of them. looks like your wanting long bars. they would probably be easier to fab up. some guys like them.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blackvmax07
dont really know about the wheel hop but the ending of the video was pretty legit haha
haha i was starting to wonder if anyone watched till the end. surprisingly that was on the first try

Originally Posted by black4.8
i can take some but, their just homemade Caltracs. their website has a several pics of them. looks like your wanting long bars. they would probably be easier to fab up. some guys like them.
their is a difference in performance of them?
Old 02-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 5speedsilverado
do you have pics of them on?

i was looking at making something like this
This is nearly identical to mine and they worked perfectly. I was havine problems with wheel hop on street tires. I added the long bars and launched on 100 shot on slicks with out a problem. If you have a welder making your own bars like these is the only way to go. Buying them is just crazy, they are over priced and so extreamly simple.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by custm2500
This is nearly identical to mine and they worked perfectly. I was havine problems with wheel hop on street tires. I added the long bars and launched on 100 shot on slicks with out a problem. If you have a welder making your own bars like these is the only way to go. Buying them is just crazy, they are over priced and so extreamly simple.
ok, thats enough to convince me to make them, i was thinking the same thing about the bars that are being sold.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Toyota Brake Bouncing - YouTube
Old 02-09-2012, 03:51 PM
TECH Resident

both will cure your wheel hop problem but, Caltrac setup is better for traction. just my opinion tho. longbars would be a breeze to make.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:45 PM
Teching In

hey man, nice to see a familiar face on here (green vortec... 5.3 swap)

anyway, was wondering what kinds of ends you used on the rods and where you got them.. holler back man, i got wheel hop like a son of a bitch now lol
Old 03-25-2012, 09:29 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by La RPM
hey man, nice to see a familiar face on here (green vortec... 5.3 swap)

anyway, was wondering what kinds of ends you used on the rods and where you got them.. holler back man, i got wheel hop like a son of a bitch now lol
I got my ends from sucidedoors.com. I had bar that a friend gave me left over from his roll cage. You can buy bars ready to go from them and they aren't that expencive.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:41 PM
Teching In

I got my ends from sucidedoors.com. I had bar that a friend gave me left over from his roll cage. You can buy bars ready to go from them and they aren't that expencive.
thanks for the tip man. i get 30 roll wheel hop and the tires just fight each other

also, what kind of ends did you end up using? super pivot or the cheaper ones?

what kind of 60 foots are you seeing?

Quick Reply: wheel hop!