New Members Come in and introduce yourself.

Bought a Yukon this week...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 11:06 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought a Yukon this week...

Now that I own a truck I thought it would be fitting to branch out into the truck forum. Some of you may recognize me from LS1tech, I have a 1999 Lingenfelter WS6 and have been a member of LS1tech for a few years already. On monday I bought a truck so here I am.

The story - the truck is a 1995 GMC Yukon SLE (red/grey) with 90k. This truck is in perfect (and that's no exxageration) condition. I mean there is not a scratch, swirl mark, or any sign of wear on it anywhere. You could place it in a new showroom and convince someone that they've been transported by time machine to 1995. The reason - It was owned for it's entire life by my father, who is to say the least, a perfectionist. He really takes care of his vehicles, and I really appreciate that now. On monday night he called me to tell me that he was buying a new truck and his was suddenly for sale. I picked it up right away, using the family discount plan . I've always loved that style of the Yukon, so i'm very happy to own it to say the least.

So now onto my first tech question as a member of this forum...the truck has one flaw...minor in principle but very very annoying. There is apparently a short somewhere in the wiring for the interior lighting. Pops said about three months ago it blew the 20A fuse and every fuse he put in blew instantly. He is mechanically inclined, but not electrically educated, so he won't touch it. I took my DMM to it today and checked all the points I know of and found nothing out of the ordinary. It's really weird because I get a stable 12.58v/0.98A signal at the fuse through the DMM, but when I put in a 20A fuse it blows instantly. I checked all the bulb sockets and the bulbs themselves and everything looked perfect. My hope was that maybe this is a somewhat common problem and someone can point me in the right direction. I can only imagine what a shop would charge to hunt down a short in this thing. So any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

BTW - Pop's brand new ride is a 2006 Silverado ECSB with the (310hp LD option) 5.3L V8, 4.10 rear, and Z71 suspension. Black/Graphite. Wicked truck.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to th forums!!!