New Members Come in and introduce yourself.

crisp I am...

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 11:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crisp
No DOUBT! (It's too cold to run water just now... 2* tonight... and the wind chill is well below.)

SOON!

-crisp
Damn, that sucks! The wind chill is 12* here now and I think that sucks!
Old 01-10-2010, 12:01 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Atomic
a lot of guys upgrade their clusters to the escalade or silverado ss clusters since they include a trans temp gauge

mine is from an 04 escalade ext

not to jack the thread but how hard its it to hook up the tranny gauge on this cluster?
Old 01-10-2010, 12:17 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 378 Likes on 257 Posts

the gauge comes with the cluster; its already installed.

if you meant the wiring, it is already there in the harness, it just doesnt do anything without the gauge. I dont know why the guage isnt on all the clusters, especially the trucks.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:23 AM
TECH Addict

if you meant the wiring, it is already there in the harness, it just doesnt do anything without the gauge. I dont know why the guage isnt on all the clusters, especially the trucks.
ya thats what i meant so easy as that im gonna have to invest in one of these
Old 01-10-2010, 01:52 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 197 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by crisp
WELCOME ME!

...I just joined the ranks of Motor City hardware donning dudes and dames around our globe to be enticed by the age old adage "there's no replacement for displacement!":nunchuk1:

Okay, so truth be told I'm a long-time Toyota driver come over to the BIG side, and a serendipitous sequence of spectacular circumstance selected to bestow this big behemoth upon me. WOOT!

An avid motorcyclist, crazy clown-car crispsupra project nut... and peculiarly verbose purveyor of vernacular redundant...

...I assure you a playful adventure as I acquaint myself with this venue... and would hope that I can learn from the collective experiences of you all, my newest best friends in the brotherhood V-EIGHT!

Loving my latest procurement, this 2002 Chevy Avalanche 1500 5.3l Z71 "Tupperware Truck"... (so I'm teased...) and looking forward to a new chapter in my experience automotive. Please welcome and help me to be a better trucker!

-crisp
i don't know what you said, but i'm sure them's fightin' words.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:42 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by siktruk
ya thats what i meant so easy as that im gonna have to invest in one of these

Thanks on this! I was wondering the same things!

-crisp
Old 01-10-2010, 09:57 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both the Escalade and SSS clusters have trans temp gauges.

Crisp, do I hear an accent? What kind of bike?
Old 01-10-2010, 09:57 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MikeGyver
i don't know what you said, but i'm sure them's fightin' words.

Pretty sure I'm not out for a fight!

(However, it wouldn't be the FIRST time I had to recover from a cyber-inked vagary of innocent intent due to non-congruency in perception...)

Here are some more PICS of my NEW DETROIT MUSCLE!:nunchuk1:

Managed to find a new place that just opened with their "soft-cloth" auto-wash running in the mid-teen temps yesterday... and for eight bucks I think it did a pretty good job on the 'lanche!

Lovin' the truck! Been wondering if "Sunset Orange Metallic" was the best choice for this... I'm thinking something more "macho" like "Kiln Fire Metallic" or "Brick Metallic" wouldn't have been better?

All the same, GREAT complimentary color to my wife's VOODOO BLUE FJ Cruiser, my Cosmic Blue Metallic Solara... and the Midnight Blue Metallic of my Supra!

WOOT!

-crisp
Old 01-10-2010, 10:17 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by trever1t
Both the Escalade and SSS clusters have trans temp gauges.

Crisp, do I hear an accent? What kind of bike?

Accent!? YES! MidWestern with a smattering of globe-trotting through the East! ...FAR EAST that is...

My speech is an amalgamation of life circumstance peculiar... and hence, may lend itself to conjecture. A toe-headed blue-eyed all-American kid... ...I have nonetheless extracted the affects of a rather traveled and culturally mixed youth and such as to afford me elements of speech chameleon in nature... a byproduct of environment and adaptation alike for sure.

Bike? Well... several. The TROPHY would have to be my 1986 Suzuki RG500 Gamma project bike. Over a dozen years in the making, this little liquid cooled stepped square four rotary valved repli-racer two-stroke wonder, is at the pinnacle of what epitomizes motorcycling's best from the '80s era performance vault. My specimen is the by-product of over a dozen years of progress from the original stock purchase, which all followed a PACT to SELF that I made the first day I laid eyes on one in the library of my high-school as I read the CYCLE magazine article on the RG in the December 1985 issue during study hall one day, 10 years prior to the purchase, almost to the day.

Here's a teaser shot and video clip:

http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m...t=R0018129.flv

^^^ If you consider that you are "riding along" on a 25 year old half-liter motorcycle... that's a good little rush! Listen closely to my "double-clutch" at the top of fifth to test for OFF/ON throttle carburetion. It catches PERFECTLY where it left off, and carburets smoothly without a hic!

Like being shot off an aircraft carrier by steam catapult.

-crisp
Old 01-10-2010, 10:23 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha, that was awesome. I recently picked up a helmet cam but my bike isn't going to pop up at 85mph that was enjoyable watching.

Quite a few of us here also ride. Me, I ride a 19 year old HD. Looking to pick up a Ducati in the future

Quick Reply: crisp I am...