New Members Come in and introduce yourself.

crisp I am...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trever1t
haha, that was awesome. I recently picked up a helmet cam but my bike isn't going to pop up at 85mph that was enjoyable watching.

Quite a few of us here also ride. Me, I ride a 19 year old HD. Looking to pick up a Ducati in the future
Motorcyclists are the best kind of people wherever you go, whatever you do, regardless your ride.

I've been through about 27 motorcycles over the years. Just sold my '03 GSXR1000 this past year, and still have my '86 "Frankengixer" GSXR1100 (1255cc monster motor) that needs a fresh crank. (Spun the mains or twisted the current one... DOH!)

Love to ride! What Duc are you planning on?

Some friends came by one day and we snapped this one. Two in front are my '86 GSXR1100 Frankengixer and '86 RG500 Gamma.

^^^ The 1255cc full-motored beastie Frankengixer! This old iron is a handful!

^^^ My 2001 GSXR1000, which was a GREAT bike. Sold at around 18k miles and the 2003 purchased below...

^^^ Had about $17k invested in this one! Mainly basic stuff... cams, Ti/CF pipe, tuning, etc... really fast! Sold to fund some taxes and "other" projects...

^^^ Little '87 Yamaha YSR50cc "pit-bike" Stuffed a YZ80 motocross motor in it, bolted on a Calamari racing pipe... rubber, brakes... and this little "pocket bike" will throttle wheelie in 2nd and pull around 80mph! DOH!

Too many bike exploits to name... but the Gamma and Frankengixer are the "keepers" of the fold.

Would love to see pics of anyone else's motorcycles!

-crisp
Old 01-10-2010, 10:50 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you asked!
Old 01-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Staging Lane

you asked!

Hey, that's BEAUTIFUL!!! WOW, I LOVE the COLOR! (Basically, ALL my vehicles are usually BLUE! LOVE BLUE!)

I bet you turn a LOT of heads with that steed! How long you had the bike, and how many miles? Long time rider?

-crisp
Old 01-10-2010, 11:29 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

been riding since i was 12 but didn't own a bike until I was 26 so almost 23 years continuous. I bought this one new April 21, 1991 for $11,800 cash. Obviously she looked very little like this. She has ~120K on the frame. Engine is built to my spec with some good parts. Paint is ~10 years old but I try to keep her clean. She's like part of my family.
Paint base color is 1994 Chevy Camaro. My design on the art performed.

After taking a ride with a friend, he on a Gixxer, I decided it was time I got something a little sportier. Not sure on the model Duc....when the time is right I'll find the one I want
Old 01-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Staging Lane

been riding since i was 12 but didn't own a bike until I was 26 so almost 23 years continuous. I bought this one new April 21, 1991 for $11,800 cash. Obviously she looked very little like this. She has ~120K on the frame. Engine is built to my spec with some good parts. Paint is ~10 years old but I try to keep her clean. She's like part of my family.
Paint base color is 1994 Chevy Camaro. My design on the art performed.

After taking a ride with a friend, he on a Gixxer, I decided it was time I got something a little sportier. Not sure on the model Duc....when the time is right I'll find the one I want
Fantastic!

Keep me posted on your Duc selection! I have a friend with a 916 that I've bugged him about for years. It's mint with Ti/CF pipe and tune... but I don't really need it, and he won't likely sell for what I've low-balled with. I can't bear to ride it for more than an hour, and the clutch action is so bad I would damage my wrist tendons to own it anyway. I suspect I would have sorted that out with alternate lever or SOMETHING!:nunchuk1:

Bikes are great!

...enjoying my first foray into real TRUCKS is starting out good too! Can't wait to get some good performance upgrades going and really liven up my new DD!

-crisp
Old 01-10-2010, 01:40 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Crisp- Where abouts in Ohio are you from? Nice bikes you got there, I have had quite a few Suzuki's. Welcome to the site.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
Crisp- Where abouts in Ohio are you from? Nice bikes you got there, I have had quite a few Suzuki's. Welcome to the site.
West Central Ohio area. Numerous Suzuki's and other over the years here as well! Had a couple GS750E's that I really enjoyed along the way.

I drove to W.PA to pick up my Supra when I bought it. Eastern PA (Harleyville) where I found my RG500 Gamma! PA has been good to me!

-crisp
Old 01-12-2010, 03:58 PM
Staging Lane

Well... don't know if it will be a big benefit... but the stock exhaust sounds a bit "flat"... and I figured it might flow a bit better. My local shop is throwing "their best" performing single in-to-dual out Flowmaster (I think that was it...) and running the dual straight out the back w/stainless tips for me. He figured it's the best "muffler/back" swap he's got available... and for three-hundred and change I told him to throw it in!

Not expecting the world here... but from what I have read so far... unless you are getting pretty wild, a decent muffler and tune to go with my K&N FIPK should work a few ponies and response out of the truck. I'm going to check out BBP for the tune when I get past this mod... and now also looking at the 34" radiator w/'05-on E-fan setup. Is that a good thing?

-crisp
Old 01-12-2010, 04:56 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Electric fans is a nice mod, freeing up a little. The BBP tune will be the best thing for the results you desire.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Staging Lane

Electric fans is a nice mod, freeing up a little. The BBP tune will be the best thing for the results you desire.
Check!

Picked up the truck a couple hours after dropping it off for the muffler. Single-to-dual setup is DRAMATICALLY louder and had a notable improvement over 3k or so, but harder to tell in the mid. Good response down low, then MAYBE a bit of "flat area" (could just be relative the other gains...) in the lower mid-to-mid area... just before it begins to "light up". Definitely needs the tune soon... and DANG, I bet this would be a haulin' combination with tune and about ONE THOUSAND LESS POUNDS!

As performance is "picking up" incrementally (in sound, response and likely a SMALL benefit in actual HP...) I am noticing the WEIGHT of the vehicle more and more. Something new to my automotive experience... this being the first large platform truck!

It's all good... more to come...

Oh yes... did I mention? The Flowmaster appears to RIP up top! Can't wait to get it matched to the tune. I will say, there IS some drone to speak of... especially compared to STOCK!

-crisp

Quick Reply: crisp I am...