New Members Come in and introduce yourself.

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2024, 08:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hello

Hello Everyone. My name is Will. I live in New Jersey. I recently inherited a 1993 Chevy K1500 Extended cab truck. She sat for about 5 years that I know of. From what I was told, this truck was given to my father in law in 1994-1995, by someone that he considered to be like a father to him. He has had it. And would not think about getting rid of it. He was a mechanic and he worked out of this truck. He used if for snow plowing as well. It was born with a 305, but he has since swapped it out with a junk yard 350. According to the VIN, the 3054 was backed by a 4L60E transmission. As I am writing this, I realize that I never confirmed that this is actually the transmission that is still in it. LOL. Anyway. He gave me the truck last year, a few months before he passed away. As I had, it was sitting for year. We thought about scrapping it, but I decided, that since it meant so much to him, we would keep it. SO I am in the process of fixing it. For starters, I got her running. To do that, I had to replace the leaking rusty fuel lines. I did not just rig it. I got it all, from the new tank with new pump and straps, then the lines all the way up to the throttle body. All new. Still had some spitting and popping, so I pulled the timing cover. Oh yea, it needed a chain. New timing set, timing cover, water pump, thermostat and hoses. Then, I have removed the nasty rusty front inner and outer fenders. I have never been able to fold a fender or a inner fender before. That is how bad they were. I have also replaced the radiator support when I realized that there was nothing to bolt the inner fenders to in the front. The front bumper, grill, valance and trim between the bumper and the grill. While I was doing that, I looked at the radiator, and thought to my self. Hmmmmm. Do I put this back in?????? Oh hell no. So I went with a 3 row aluminum radiator with dual electric fans. You know, to free up a couple horsepower. LOL.

I recently had the good fortune to come across a LY6 Gen 4 LS motor. Typical low oil pressure with a rod knock. But.... it was FREE!!!! SO I am about to tear into it over the winter when I cant work on the truck. I have decided to go with the Ace's Jackpot LS Pro EFI. It says that it will also control the 4L60E. Fingers crossed. I am attaching some pics. Feel free to comment. Any advice is appreciated.

Old 08-29-2024, 08:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The following users liked this post:
Jeff71 (08-29-2024)
Old 08-29-2024, 09:00 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,271 Likes on 970 Posts

Looks like a decent enough start
Old 08-29-2024, 10:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 379 Likes on 291 Posts

Welcome from Central NJ.

Being a '93, you won't have to worry about inspection. I'd go with Holley over another EFI system. Strictly for widespread use, so you should have better support from Holley and a bigger community to help you troubleshoot any issues.

You have a huge project ahead of you. Good luck.
Old 08-29-2024, 11:15 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,271 Likes on 970 Posts

I also was going to mention that it will probably be difficult to find tuners for your Aces platform