New Members Come in and introduce yourself.

Hello from Alaska

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 09:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from Alaska

Hey there, I'm kinda just getting into this whole mod my trucks motor out to get alot of power out of it. My mechanic introduced me into this site and I gotta say this site has all the info I've beenlooking for. Anyways I own a 2001 GMC Sierra C3 and it is by far the sweetest truck I've ever drivin, it was love at first ride. I plan on keeping this truck for quite some time so I might as well buid it to how I like it... Fast! So far I've put billet grills on shaved the tailgate and put a seamless roll pan on, hi low fog HID lights led tailights tinted windows and 22's. The first thing I did to the truck when I got it was put true duAl lightning exhaust with vortec mufflers, then I put the air raid throttle body spacer and the K&N cold air intake. I felt I needed more than that so I installed some hi-flow cats after the stock ones went and added a pair of Edelbrock shorty headers. I still didn't think that was good enough so I recently installed a P1sc procharger with a dual core air to air intercooler. I haven't really got to drive it much the the SC cuz I'm working far from home and it's at the shop being tuned in. If any of you wanna suggest a good idea for an upgrade I'm all for it. It's my DD so I'm not looking to get to carried away. Thanks alot
Old 03-22-2010, 09:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ditch the shortys and get some longtube headers...ditch the throttle body spacer... and welcome to the site! lots of info here.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:20 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome to PT.net Hunter!! Plenty of procharged trucks here for you to draw information from. I'll always be glad to help also. We need more Alaska trucks to joint up and post.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
Welcome to PT.net Hunter!! Plenty of procharged trucks here for you to draw information from. I'll always be glad to help also. We need more Alaska trucks to joint up and post.
Hey thanks alot! Hey how much do longtube headers run to get them fully operational? Also is my throttle body spacer helping at all or is it just in the way? So will it matter if I leave it in place?
Old 03-24-2010, 09:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

welcome to pt.net ditch the tb spacer