New Members Come in and introduce yourself.

New to forum, please help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2014 | 04:35 PM

Default New to forum, please help!

*LS1TECH send me here hope you guys can help*

Hello,

Im new to the forum and i am in need of some advise.

I have a chance to buy the a 04 6.0L V8 with auto tranny complete with harness and computer for $1000.00. The vehicle it eventually might be going to my 97 Suburban 4WD, currently it has the 5.7 vortec. But i want to get more power and i want to install that drivetrain in my suburban. Now my major concern is is the drive by wire, my suburban has cable, is there a way to convert to the 6.0 to cable? Can i use different intake or? Also, would this require for the ecm to be reprogrammed?

I have build older sbc motors, ls engines and newer are something i have not tried to mess with specially with all the electronic crap.

So what are you guys recommending? Is it worth buying and the rest of work to craft to make it work?

Thank y
Old 01-30-2014 | 04:40 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

IMO, since you wil have the PCM & harness for DBW, you would be better off to buy the appropriate DBW throttle pedal & mount that in your Suburban.

Switching to DBC would require a different intake & throttle body, fuel rail changes possibly, a different harness, a different PCM, and maybe some stuff that I'm not thinking about right now.

Oh, btw welcome to PT!
Old 01-30-2014 | 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
IMO, since you wil have the PCM & harness for DBW, you would be better off to buy the appropriate DBW throttle pedal & mount that in your Suburban.

Switching to DBC would require a different intake & throttle body, fuel rail changes possibly, a different harness, a different PCM, and maybe some stuff that I'm not thinking about right now.

Oh, btw welcome to PT!

AKlowriderZ71, thanks for the reply.

So, im gonna be completely be honest, im actually buying a 04 Express Van with 6.0, im just not sure if its a 4L60E or 4L80E, it comes with everything. Do you think i can swap over all that's needed to make the engine work, mostly my biggest concern is the peddle assembly, if do go with DBW. What do you or any one think, sorry im such a noob with LS engines.
Old 01-30-2014 | 06:19 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Some of the G vans were DBC. You should ask the seller which one it has, and get the appropriate matching parts that you need. The swap will be very basic if you have a good donor vehicle to pull all the misc stuff off of. Less mix & match = easy swap.

Don't worry about the van having an 80e. If it does, a segment swap is easy, any tuner can help you with that. I'm guessing the van is 2WD, so you won't be using its transmission in your 4x4.