New Members Come in and introduce yourself.

New Here with a 6.4 powerstroke

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 01:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Nice truck. I like what you've done to it.
How's the motor treated you since you've had it? I'm skeptical of any Ford diesel but that's just me, there are millions on the road that don't have any problems with their trucks.
Looking forward to see you get a new Denali, have you seen the latest Edmonds and truck mags reviews on the big three trucks? Let me know and I'll throw up a link or two.
Thanks a lot for the compliments.

I was skeptical too, but my truck has given me no reason not to trust it... so far. I love this truck. And exactly... for every 1 person that has a problem there are probably 99 that don't.

The latest edmonds you are talking about... is that with the 6.7 ford, LML Chevy, and the 6.7 cummins?

If so, I THINK that I have read it.

And as a general comment: Every diesel is going to have it's fair share of problems... especially the newer ones with government regulations. I bought the ford because I got a good deal on it.

I probably would have looked harder for a GM if they would do something about that excuse for a backseat in the crew cabs, but my ford works great for me...
Old 02-09-2011, 12:10 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's the Edmonds article...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automotiv...el-trucks.html

And here's an article done by Pickuptrucks.com, also a pretty good and telling article.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2010/11...e-rockies.html

Either way, like you said, they are all good trucks really and who buys what will be happy with their decision. Again, nice truck!
Old 02-09-2011, 03:06 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Nah, I don't know much I guess... I'm just a Ford Technician...

Don't get your knickers knotted man, Im just stating my experiences with that powerplant... I've got die-hard Ford diesel guys that wouldnt trust a 6.4 to go to the end of the driveway and get the paper with... Most of them own the last of the 7.3s... 130K is not an impressive mileage figure for a diesel truck that probably cost 50K or better new. 300-400K is...

I'm glad you have had good luck with yours, I wont deny they are capable of making loads of power... But their longevity is the issue.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
Nah, I don't know much I guess... I'm just a Ford Technician...

Don't get your knickers knotted man, Im just stating my experiences with that powerplant... I've got die-hard Ford diesel guys that wouldnt trust a 6.4 to go to the end of the driveway and get the paper with... Most of them own the last of the 7.3s... 130K is not an impressive mileage figure for a diesel truck that probably cost 50K or better new. 300-400K is...

I'm glad you have had good luck with yours, I wont deny they are capable of making loads of power... But their longevity is the issue.
But the problem with them are mostly being caused by all the emissions crap and he has deleted all that so problem solved