New Members Come in and introduce yourself.

New Member, Moore/OKC Ok.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 02:21 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome!!
Old 10-08-2009, 03:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Nice truck butler! Unless you need them which by the sound of the direction your trying to go you don't need them but get rid of the mud-flaps, Hood visor and window ones too as well as your door moldings and your truck will look completely different, and they are FREEE MODS!!
Like minds think alike, lol. I'm holding off 'till I lower it as the paints worn a little behind them but the mud flaps are going. Visors are staying 'till I get the cowl hood. I try to do a little at a time so my old man don't get to mad. He gave me the truck because the '85 4x4 I has was working on was a POS and they only offered him 3K trade in so it was my Christmas present last year (lucky me ) He was asking why I couldn't just leave it stock when I told him what I've done so far but once he saw it I think he liked it. I'm on the fence about the door moldings....if it was a Chevy it wouldn't be a question but I think the chrome strip isn't to bad, I'll have to see what it looks like after I change the mirror caps.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:38 PM
On The Tree

Thank you trever1t. What have you done to get down into the 11's? If I can get to low 14, high 13 I'd be happy. I did a few base line runs this year. I meant to run out the cheap gas and put about 1/8th of a tank of high octane in but ended up going with half a tank of 87, my fat *** (about 340lbs), kind of warm and ran 16.5. In the trucks defense, it has 140k miles and is "only" a 4.8L, lol. I would like to think that with better gas, a smaller person, etc it would be close to 16 flat. I had fun though, it was my first time and by the end of the night I had my rt doen to .130. I was getting blown away by everything (17 sec imports would only line up against themselves) but I did make a guy in a LS1 Z28 look bad when I beat him on rt and to the 60' mark, that was the highlight of my night, lol.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

welcome. me and dozerdan had a few oklahoma truck get togethers except for this past year. we were both to busy to have one this summer.. do alot more research before you go buyin stuff
Old 10-08-2009, 04:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dirt track racer 81
welcome. me and dozerdan had a few oklahoma truck get togethers except for this past year. we were both to busy to have one this summer.. do alot more research before you go buyin stuff
... and I was looking forward to it.

Be careful with the black chrome wheels. They look really clean but have a tendency of the finish peeling. Mine did just under a year.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dirt track racer 81
lol, that's why I came here, to learn from everyone's mistakes so I can get mine right the first time
Old 10-08-2009, 04:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Occupational_Hazard
... and I was looking forward to it.

Be careful with the black chrome wheels. They look really clean but have a tendency of the finish peeling. Mine did just under a year.
I may do something else, the one's I have pictured I don't think are made anymore. I've also been playing with the idea of getting Boss 330's in the gray finish they offer. It's just a little darker then my truck but I think it will blend in better then say the black finish were you tend to focus on the rims instead of the whole package.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:28 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ButlerBoy
...I'm on the fence about the door moldings....if it was a Chevy it wouldn't be a question but I think the chrome strip isn't to bad, I'll have to see what it looks like after I change the mirror caps.
Here's my old sierra with and without door moldings, you make the call!

With...

Without...

Thank you trever1t. What have you done to get down into the 11's? If I can get to low 14, high 13 I'd be happy. I did a few base line runs this year. I meant to run out the cheap gas and put about 1/8th of a tank of high octane in but ended up going with half a tank of 87, my fat *** (about 340lbs), kind of warm and ran 16.5. In the trucks defense, it has 140k miles and is "only" a 4.8L, lol. I would like to think that with better gas, a smaller person, etc it would be close to 16 flat. I had fun though, it was my first time and by the end of the night I had my rt doen to .130. I was getting blown away by everything (17 sec imports would only line up against themselves) but I did make a guy in a LS1 Z28 look bad when I beat him on rt and to the 60' mark, that was the highlight of my night, lol.
His truck, like him is a freak of nature, don't worry about how he got into the 11's just yet, your guarantee'd to break something way before you get to where he is. On top of which nobody really likes him on here We just kinda of put up with him cuz is SN is in red.
Huh Bill!!

Oh and running higher octane fuel isn't gonna do much for you unless you get yourself a custom tune. Your just wasting your $$ and potentially hurting your cats.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I may do something else, the one's I have pictured I don't think are made anymore. I've also been playing with the idea of getting Boss 330's in the gray finish they offer. It's just a little darker then my truck but I think it will blend in better then say the black finish were you tend to focus on the rims instead of the whole package.
great call, get 22's in the gray finish. when you get bored with em. I'll trade ya my ltz 20's lol.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And yes, that is midnight's truck, the twin turbo with black chrome

Quick Reply: New Member, Moore/OKC Ok.