New Members Come in and introduce yourself.

Oddball mopar owner signing on!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 02:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oddball mopar owner signing on!

Hello! I just recently got into the whole cars thing and the concept of modifying vehicles (well working on them at all really) and have been a active member of the Z forums.

However those forums do not concentrate on performance too much so I found this place with hopes there are more like minded individuals here.

Anyway my vehicle/current project is a 2003 ram 1500 laramie fully-loaded with the old 360 magnum engine. Bought new. Truck is currently fully up to factory original state of repair/functionality with a few exceptions.

Things I have upgraded so far are as follows.

Fully custom suspension featuring bilstein shocks, poly bushings everywhere, an add in rear sway bar, thicker front sway bar, custom made high spring rate progressive leaf packs and stiffer torsion bars. All control arms and the shackles are moots best available parts with the nice grease fittings. 3.55 gears with clutch LSD. Moog Hubs.

High performance brakes by SSBC in the front on 15 inch rotors, Powerstop rear brakes with their Z36 pads in OEM rotor size, all stainless steel brake lines, hydroboost brake system conversion.

Precision steering system (at least I feel like it is lol!) featuring a Maval custom rack, borgesson steering shaft, moog tie rod ends (for the grease fittings) and poly bushings for the rack mounts.......now I will say this is one of the things that is absolutely giving me me hell, I can't seem to get the steering right for the life of me. It keeps exploding, on the 5th rack now. help? plz?

Transmission is a moderately built 46RE with all the TSBs and general upgrades (higher PSI solenoid, shift kit, check ball delete yada yada.....) installed with a full build planned for the summer.

And the part that everyone cares about....

Engine is a fully race preped block 408 stroker based off a lowly 1994 van 5.9 magnum that is equipped with a full forged rotating assembly with total seal rings and clevite rod bearing and speed pro main bearings. I have a 3/8 inch main cap girdle on ARP studs holding the bottom end together with a pair of iron R/T heads that have been ported nearly as far as they will go with normal sodium filled valves of stock size. Valve train is a full roller system with hardened push rods and 1.7 ratio rockers on comp cams springs and associated hardware, also has a comp cams HR264 grind (210@ .50, 264 gross with 1.6 rockers .510 lift) and combined with my lifters is causing me a serious case of "Oh $#!% I think I F***ed it up" at the moment. Topping it off is a fully ported M1 intake (300+ cfm incase you guys are unfamiliar with it) that has a turtle on the base of the plenum to increase effective runner length. Fuel is provided courtesy of ford racing 24/LB hour 6 hole injectors. TB is a 52mm holly 1000 CFM unit that draws air through a temporary circular air hat. Oh and 10.2:1 comp ratio. Fully under driven with Efan soon to come (like this weekend).

I seriously believe that the 210 cam and rhoads lifters are absolutely killing me power wise right now as I feels I have nowhere near the power this engine should be able to produce. It is not fully tuned as I have not had a chance to install my AFR unit and data log systems but I just feel like it is a hell of a lot weaker than it should be.

Supercharging is 100% in the near future once the transmission is built.

Aside from the truck I have a 2000 jeep as a daily with the 4.0, base model and totally stock. Picked it up when I took the engine out of the truck to have something to drive.

I'm a college kid who also works as a mechanic. I also build and program for computers and really enjoy shooting guns!

Any questions and comments are welcome! I look forward to hanging out with fellow performance truck owners!

Last edited by Striker2237; 02-01-2016 at 02:49 AM.
Old 02-01-2016, 04:44 PM
Teching In

Damn. Welcome
Old 02-01-2016, 07:26 PM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome get some pics up on here
Old 02-03-2016, 11:47 AM

I'll have a gallery up this evening with most of the work I did, it's honestly a very boring looking truck lol!
Old 02-04-2016, 11:11 PM

Here are some galleries. I'll have some better pictures up once I take them lol!
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Truck interior - Album on Imgur