NITROUS OXIDE System Designs | Installation| Wet/Dry/Direct Port

Almost done with the setup on Dirty II

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 12:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man that's exactly how I wanted to do my setup. Looks great! Kinda disappointing that the center console is completely used up with the bottle though.

And I was just going to ask where the solenoids were, lol. I scrolled up and looked again. Ridiculously hidden.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:09 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What does the interior look like when driving down the road? I don't think the front incert is going to fit.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by WhiteX
Man that's exactly how I wanted to do my setup. Looks great! Kinda disappointing that the center console is completely used up with the bottle though.

And I was just going to ask where the solenoids were, lol. I scrolled up and looked again. Ridiculously hidden.
Yeah, the 10lb bottle gets most of the console. I have it setup to where its two screws on the back and the back section pops off(the part with the rear cup holders). Takes about 5 minutes to get the bottle in and out. So for the most part I cruise around without it and still have access to my console as a hole. Yeah, the noids came out very good hidden. Plus I can still get to them for service easy.

Originally Posted by custm2500
What does the interior look like when driving down the road? I don't think the front incert is going to fit.
You're right the cup holders are def not going to fit. When the bottle is out of the truck, I'll be using the stock cupholders. When I plan on doing a little racing, I'm having a company fab me up an abs plasic piece that just covers the hole where the cupholders go. Then I'm going to mount a little power adaptor on the cover that I some times use for things in the truck(laptop,etc.) Should be a good concealed setup for what I'm looking to do.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty sure ive seen that truck take a 300 shot.. but i think that was 3 engines ago.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:31 AM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by slowprocess
Thanks Trey! You're def right there. It might end up being an issue. I'm trying my hardest to figure out a way to get the bottle turned around, but it just isn't quite enough room the other way to make it work. I did a little research on some past threads and the two guys I found that did this also said they weren't having any problems with them even when the bottles were getting low. That is pretty encourageing, but I'll def post up my findings as soon as I go through the first bottle.
the bottle fits perfect under the back seat (assuming your not running a sub box under the rear seat. you can put it directly behind the drivers seat under the back seat facing forward. then cut the bottom out of a gym bag or duffel bag and slip it over the top of the nitrous bottle. maybe put a bat and baseball glove on top of the bag for extra convincing.

then you get your console and cup holder back.

I always wanted to put the nitrous bottle under the truck bolted to the frame. might as well take advantage of having a truck with all of that room underneath. ultimately i'm lazy and just threw it under the back seat. refills sounded like a PITA.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
the bottle fits perfect under the back seat (assuming your not running a sub box under the rear seat. you can put it directly behind the drivers seat under the back seat facing forward. then cut the bottom out of a gym bag or duffel bag and slip it over the top of the nitrous bottle. maybe put a bat and baseball glove on top of the bag for extra convincing.

then you get your console and cup holder back.

I always wanted to put the nitrous bottle under the truck bolted to the frame. might as well take advantage of having a truck with all of that room underneath. ultimately i'm lazy and just threw it under the back seat. refills sounded like a PITA.
When I'm under there with the trans swap, I'm going to look really hard for a good safe place to mount the bottle. I've always wanted to do the same thing. One thing I don't really ever use the console in this truck. I work out of another truck and the wife has a tahoe. This truck is pretty much empty other than what little stuff I have in the glove box.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Theres plenty of space on the passenger side infront of the rear tire and behind the cab.. 10# bottle fits nice..
Old 04-15-2013, 11:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Doesnt that truck already have the fender liners in the rear?
Old 04-15-2013, 12:25 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
Doesnt that truck already have the fender liners in the rear?
yes, and that's where i wanted to mount a bottle. outside of the frame in front of the rear tire. PERFECT spot on a stepside bed.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
yes, and that's where i wanted to mount a bottle. outside of the frame in front of the rear tire. PERFECT spot on a stepside bed.
Hm........Think I might swap it over to there this week. I have alot more time to play with it now that its going to be down for alittle while. Thanks for the heads up guys!

Quick Reply: Almost done with the setup on Dirty II