NITROUS OXIDE System Designs | Installation| Wet/Dry/Direct Port

Direct port jetting questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 11:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Direct port jetting questions

Well I'm considering a direct port for the Titan for a variety of reasons. One is that the stock intake manifold more or less hits a limit of about 60hp jets with a NOS soft plume nozzle and a 75-80hp jet limit with a Ny-trex nozzle. I'd like to add more but as I try larger jets, there is no more power made from running them. I've logged data from the stock wideband O2 sensors and the timing and I don't see detonation or a lean voltage (not to say that one cylinder might not be right). It runs at about 12:1 air/fuel according to the voltages I see on the gas and around 11:1 on just the motor (stock ECM).

I am figuring that I'd be better off with a direct port system but looking at the jetting tables/calculators I'm going to have to run about a 150hp shot and I don't want to go that high. The truck runs 51psi on fuel pressure and my bottle is pretty much at 950psi with the heater on. Looking at the fact that the smallest jets I can find are 0.012", that would mean a nitrous jet of 0.022" for each nozzle and a 148hp shot at the wheels. I have about a 75hp shot in there right now and would like to go to about 100hp shot but I'm not finding a happy medium to get there.

My "kit" consists of a 1st gen NOS bottle, -4AN line to the solenoid, I'm currently running Cold Fusion solenoids for both fuel/nitrous, the fuel line to the solenoid is a -4AN as well. The lines from the solenoids are NOS ones that screw directly into the solenoid bodies and are -3AN lines. The single nozzle is a Ny-trex brand.

I get 51psi of fuel pressure on just motor and on the nitrous all the way through the run(s).

Any ideas?
Old 09-27-2005, 02:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We offer an awesome direct port kit with nozzles that drop into your injector ports, and your injectors then fti into the nozzles very clean and tremendous power potential defiantely worth checking out! Let me know if there is anything i can do to you help you!

Old 09-27-2005, 03:38 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NitrousDirect
We offer an awesome direct port kit with nozzles that drop into your injector ports, and your injectors then fti into the nozzles very clean and tremendous power potential defiantely worth checking out! Let me know if there is anything i can do to you help you!
This sounds interesting, I assume this is offered for most fuel injected vechiles? Also sound like it would be expensive. Would you be able to give a price for a kit for a GM 5.3L? PM me if you prefer not to post it here.

the head, sorry dude, not trying to hijack your post
Old 09-27-2005, 03:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

That's OK. If I ever got any lovin' from the Chevy crowd I would probably freak out.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:49 PM
TECH Addict

here ya go. it says .008-.052 near the bottom
http://www.holley.com/types.asp?type=184
i guess you just use a regular nozzle for it
Old 09-27-2005, 04:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

can you explain how your direct port kit works? you dont tap into intake manifold? instead you put those nozzles into the hole where the injector goes and then the injector plugs into the nozzle? whats the lowest shot you can spray? will these work with non-stock injectors? and does fuel pump have to be upgraded?

and whats the difference between CFN-705 and CFN-500?

is coldfusion the only company that makes a kit that plugs into the injectors?
Old 09-27-2005, 06:31 PM
TECH Resident

You can safely go as low as 100hp on direct port on this system with high pressure fuel system system it is capable of 400hp easy but you may you need an aftermarket pump and yes it will work with non stock injectors

Difference is the direct port nozzle which fits into the injector ports vs. having to drill and tap holes to insert the fogger nozzles in a direct scenario.

I like the Direct port efi nozzles much easier and cleaner
Old 09-28-2005, 08:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by fogle04
here ya go. it says .008-.052 near the bottom
http://www.holley.com/types.asp?type=184
i guess you just use a regular nozzle for it
That's for a funnel jet. I guess I could try to run that type with the ferrule but I would've prefered running a flare jet like what I have now.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NitrousDirect
You can safely go as low as 100hp on direct port on this system with high pressure fuel system system it is capable of 400hp easy but you may you need an aftermarket pump and yes it will work with non stock injectors

Difference is the direct port nozzle which fits into the injector ports vs. having to drill and tap holes to insert the fogger nozzles in a direct scenario.

I like the Direct port efi nozzles much easier and cleaner
For the EFI port nozzles I remember when that type of system came out a while back for the first time on a mustang application. People were complaining that their cars didn't run well at idle or part throttle operation since the 'nozzles' were blocking the normal spray pattern of the stock injectors. Has this been remedied?
Old 09-28-2005, 05:41 PM
TECH Resident

That was /is another brand our injectors have no problems with that and are outstanding we have even further imporved them, and they also look very trick now. I will post some pics tommorow. It's a truly outstanding system.