NITROUS OXIDE System Designs | Installation| Wet/Dry/Direct Port

Does any manufacturer make........

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 11:02 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does any manufacturer make........

........a Holley 4150 nitrous plate that is high fuel pressure EFI compatible? Because the Mopar M1 4bbl EFI manifold I'm using runs a Holley pattern and I'm planning on running a plate style nitrous setup under my throttle body. I was planning on tapping off the fuel line for the nitrous fuel supply, but seems all plates are designed for low pressure carb stuff. My other more expensive option is to run a dedicated low pressure fuel system just for the nitrous. That was actually the original plan but it'd be cheaper if I can find the right plate. Last option, which now that I think about it should be the first, LOL...is to use the FAST system and just add the fuel through the injectors and have just a nitrous spray bar in the plate. I'm trying to stay away from the nozzle setup as I'm running a 14X3 K&N air filter and dont wanna go to a cold air intake setup. I figure a plate style spray bar would give much more even distribution.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:38 PM
11 Second Club

i would imagine that the only difference would be the jets that you use, at least the is the only difference with a nozzle kit.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:07 PM
Teching In

I have a 4bbl too and would be in the market for a plate like that.

hey hun!!!
Old 08-03-2005, 02:13 AM
12 Second Truck Club

I inquired about this a couple months ago as well, here's exactly what the guy from Wilson sent me:

There is no problem with using our plates on a high pressure system. The
only thing that will change is the fuel jet. If you were running 49 psi
fuel pressure your jetting for our plate system should be as follows.

N2O Fuel HP
46 28 75
50 31 100
56 34 125
65 40 150
73 45 175
82 50 225
92 57 275
102 63 325
110 68 350

I'm rather curious about the plates tho, seems that even the wet setups use a single bar to feed both the N2O and fuel. Maybe i'm missing something here but it just does not seem right.

As for using the FAST to trigger it, keeping the wet system that would be cool but honestly I wouldn't do it setup Dry. Means you are gonna be changing programs everytime you want to run the juice etc. Won't run mine that way at least. Gonna have it setup to fire both solenoids at a given rpm and then let it trim the a/f from there. Just set the fuel correction limit very low on the lean side to be safe.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:01 AM
Moderator / Sponsor

Most plate systems I have used seem to have a design compatible with high presure fuel ... as mentioned earlier the nitrous jet and fuel jet need to be adjusted.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:41 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by devilbrad
........a Holley 4150 nitrous plate that is high fuel pressure EFI compatible? Because the Mopar M1 4bbl EFI manifold I'm using runs a Holley pattern and I'm planning on running a plate style nitrous setup under my throttle body. I was planning on tapping off the fuel line for the nitrous fuel supply, but seems all plates are designed for low pressure carb stuff. My other more expensive option is to run a dedicated low pressure fuel system just for the nitrous. That was actually the original plan but it'd be cheaper if I can find the right plate. Last option, which now that I think about it should be the first, LOL...is to use the FAST system and just add the fuel through the injectors and have just a nitrous spray bar in the plate. I'm trying to stay away from the nozzle setup as I'm running a 14X3 K&N air filter and dont wanna go to a cold air intake setup. I figure a plate style spray bar would give much more even distribution.
If you sent me the intake I could make sure the plate fired correctly, or we could build a custom one for your application... Jetting already have that for 45-55 psi stuff.
Ricky
Old 08-11-2005, 08:18 AM
Staging Lane

Does anyone have a M1 2bbl plate system? I dont really wanna a shark nozzle and I think the 4bbl M1 would be overkill for my mild NA set up.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:07 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Five9Dak
Does anyone have a M1 2bbl plate system? I dont really wanna a shark nozzle and I think the 4bbl M1 would be overkill for my mild NA set up.
There are a couple floating around but haven't been produced for sometime now. Rumor has it that F&B will be making one, but then again that rumor has been floating around for over a year. Short answer, unless you find someone selling a used one, they essentially don't exist, lol.

And your correct, you would absolutely hate the 4bbl M1, takes a very healthy 360 or 408 to really use it.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:30 AM
Staging Lane

Maybe we need to show F&B there is a decent interest so they can get cracking on it again.