NITROUS OXIDE System Designs | Installation| Wet/Dry/Direct Port

Dry Kit Nozzle Placement ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 12:39 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dry Kit Nozzle Placement ?

I am wanting to spray the truck now, for the hell of it, and wanted to know where the best place would be to mount a single nozzle, and what type of nozzle to use? I don't want to freeze the MAF. I am currently running stock air box w/ a K&N.

I may decide to buy an aftermarket "CAI" and run one of these.
Nitrous Outlet Dry Cone Style Filter Rings.

I am not looking for huge gains out of this kit, just something to make the daily driver/tow rig a little more fun.

Also would appreciate recommendations on an affordable wet kit, that still uses quality components. Searched through the different sponsors, but not finding a kit specifically designed for GM Trucks....so I assume the LS1 "Based" Kits would be the closest thing...???

Thanks in advance!

-Beau-

Last edited by The LT1 That Could; 11-20-2006 at 12:59 AM.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:08 AM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

The nozzle HAS to be before the MAF, and should be at the farthest point away from it for best results. I had mine in the Fatter part of a conicle filter...about 4-5 inches from the MAF, and it froze it up a time or two. Once I moved it to the end of the filter, it didn't happen again. I'd say as close to the passenger fender as you can get it for best results.

As for the complete kit, I'd PM or call Nitro Dave at the Nitrous Outlet. They seem to put a lot out for us truck guys....with the custom switch panels and all. Any of the LS1 kits will work, but check out some of their switch panels, they're pretty cool. They were running some specials :

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=378195
Old 11-20-2006, 11:40 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ray@Nitrous Outlet
Yes any of the GM wet or dry kits will work on your truck.
I think I am going to end up just putting together, or buying a used or (very basic) new dry kit, and use your cone filter spray rings...seems to be the safest and most efficient ways to me.