NITROUS OXIDE System Designs | Installation| Wet/Dry/Direct Port

Dry nitrous fogger plumbing

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 09:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Dry nitrous fogger plumbing

I haven't found too many foggers plumbed into stock manifolds(probably for good reason).

I found these in a tbss manifold. Yes, I know its wet fogger. The location of the nozzles doesn't seem to be where I think they should be. Like they're too far up on the runner

Just hoping maybe n2o outlet will chime in and help me decide where to locate my nozzles(since that's where I'll be buying my material from). I'm thinking a little further down the runner, like right behind the injector. Is there a better location? Thanks
Old 01-10-2011, 11:49 AM
11 Second Club

bump for ideas
Old 01-10-2011, 11:54 AM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Why a dry kit? I thought dry kits needed to be pre-MAF so the tune would know to compensate.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:03 PM
11 Second Club

It makes it easier, but there's alot that our ecm's can do that people don't realize, or just don't think about

I want a fogger on my truck and I don't want to use a stand alone fuel cell. So that means I'll be keeping a high pressure fuel system. Well I also don't plan to run a huge shot...up to 250 or so which equals around a .028 jet in each nozzle...Well if I were to run a wet system that would mean each hole would have a .015 fuel jet or less...Thats a tiny orifice...a piece of lint could clog that up.

So my thinking is, a dry system is better for what I want to do. I'll put some 60# injectors(or 80s if I decide to go e85)in it and just control my fuel with the ecm.

Alot of the really fast guys that run efi and nitrous run HUGE, multiple dry shots and love it. Total control over your fueling instead of just on and off with a stand alone fuel system
Old 01-10-2011, 12:15 PM
Resident Retard

yours being a 2007, i would assume that the Custom OSes are not available for that, unless your talking about the IAT mod to aid in controling the fueling and timing with the ECM.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:19 PM
11 Second Club

You're right, the custom os is not available for the 07. Don't really need it. However, if I want it, I can swap in a TAC module and gas pedal from an 05 and voila...

Harris Speedworks makes and interface that will allow to do what I want with my pcm without needing the custom os...Basically the IAT tricker with some extras...Probably don't need it, I can probably "make something work" But this is already built and proven to work

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/prod...&cat=57&page=1

How Does The Interface Work?

The Interface makes Air to Fuel adjustments using your Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor. Simply program The Interface as to what size shot you are running (adjustable from 5 HP to 315 HP in 5 HP increments). Full control over the A/F curve is now possible, allowing fuel to be added or subtracted. Timing control is done with the vehicles IAT Sensor (Click for more info). The Interface has a built in Diagnostics Mode & Safety Features. If the Interface detects anything wrong with the MAF Sensor it will not allow the nitrous system to become operational and trigger a Service Engine Soon (SES) light until the issue is resolved.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:22 PM
Resident Retard

ya i have seen that before. I was not aware that you were running a MAF. I thought you switched over the SD... anyways sorry to get your thread off topic..
Old 01-10-2011, 01:05 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not familar with that setu, looks nice.... Just a what if here....What if you are running a nasty n/a combo that is getting way up on the maf scale and when activate it maxes the MAF out? Wouldn't you run lean then?
Old 01-10-2011, 01:14 PM
11 Second Club

I can't answer that for you, as I don't run a mass air flow sensor

I'm sure there has been some good R&D and surely that was thought of so that it's not a problem
Old 01-10-2011, 01:31 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you aren't running a maf, how is this interface going to adjust your fueling? It looks like it tricks the IAT for timing which is simple enough, but from what I gathered it will trick the maf for fuel requirements.

Quick Reply: Dry nitrous fogger plumbing