Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 02:56 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 08-14-2008, 03:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spoolin
x2, and id also have to agree on the wet, the dry will work but wet is less headaches imo
Old 08-14-2008, 07:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just to comment on the SD thing, you can run SD with a dry shot...the 89-92 Camaros have been doing it for a while now. So, I don't understand why you can't with these trucks if you first just make sure your tune is right before you add the nitrous. For a 100 shot (its been talked about), take out 2 degrees of timing and up your PE fueling as well as your VE/MAF fueling to compensate for it.

So, why exactly can't you do it.....as long as your tune is spot on...seems like it would work. Plus....didn't Parish run SD with nitrous on twin turbos?
Old 08-14-2008, 09:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would rather use wet also, but my buddy has the dry kit just sitting in his garage. guess i will start saving pennys and get a wet kit. im going back to school next week so it mite be a while, but i will keep you guys posted. thanks
Old 08-14-2008, 10:22 PM
On The Tree

First when most of you guys are talking about dry shots i think you should be more specific in saying which style kit. Traditional dry kits that boost up your fuel pressure to compensate for fuel are junk, but they can be used with sd or maf the same. I have a dry setup for a honda that uses a standalone to add fuel thru the injectors and it is by far the best setup you can run for a small shot. In any other case I would run a wet shot, some companies sell a conversion kit from dry to wet for around $100 I think or you could buy the parts individually. I have enough nitrous setups to last until the end of time (or until I build a drag car). I just gave my brother a wet kit because it was a spare I wasn't doing anything with, and I still have a 2 stage kit sitting here.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by s10_onbagz
some companies sell a conversion kit from dry to wet for around $100
Exactly what I would do.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you have one you don't want any more I might know someone who could take one off your hands. Hmmm.... wonder who that could be?
Old 08-28-2008, 10:58 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
Hahah.. well here is a run down for you..

Speed density you are commanding the AFR you want. No MAF at all. I removed mine and put a IAT sensor in my intake pipe.

MAF controls your fueling, If for some reason your MAF fails it reverts to the VE table.
In SD you Manually Fail your MAF so you then fine tune your VE table..

Hope that makes sense.
maf aids in correction of fueling. your fueling mainly done by the VE table which is tuned in SD first then the MAF is enabled. bascially the maf fixes **** ups

plenty of ppl run SD and dry shots. theres a few articles on tech about how to properly go ahead and do this. also our plastic intakes arent meant to flow fuel.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:08 PM
single digit dreamer

for the op set up a wet kit is the way to go. a dry kit spraying into the maf gets you inconsistant fueling.

when i ran a dry shot on my truck it was with an aftermarket ecu. it added fuel for me thru the injectors when the nitrous was spraying. i believe this is the best way to run nitrous(even big shots) but only if you are running an aftermarket ecu.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by parish8
for the op set up a wet kit is the way to go. a dry kit spraying into the maf gets you inconsistant fueling.

when i ran a dry shot on my truck it was with an aftermarket ecu. it added fuel for me thru the injectors when the nitrous was spraying. i believe this is the best way to run nitrous(even big shots) but only if you are running an aftermarket ecu.
See theres always something more to the storry than you think..

Also for the OP...
How many PSI are your running?
Im on 5psi and a 50shot helped trememdously! If you have the tires to hold it, Cause it hits hard.
And its kinda rich at 10.8AFR, Hopefully we are goin to the track tomorrow and im goin to bring some jets to get it up to 11.2AFR.

But yea,, go with a wet kit. That way you wont have to worry bout the tune except pull a lil timing out just to be safe.
You can also do a custom operating system so when you arm the nitrous it pulls the timing for you. And you can add some fuel just to be on the safe side..

Quick Reply: dry shot to spool