NITROUS OXIDE System Designs | Installation| Wet/Dry/Direct Port

help with cam selection

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 03:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would call some of the shop sponsors on the side to get a better choice and what will fit you better...

Taking peoples opinions on a forum over the internet is not the smartest thing to do.. More then likely your going to be dissapointed with your cam selection unless you talk to the professionals. They can pick the right cam setup for what your looking for...
Old 10-27-2007, 12:07 PM
11 Second Truck Club

id say 99silv. has the best advice, ive had excellent luck with www.thunderracing.com/ Im not for sure but you might have tranny heating issues running the stall and towing, unless you have a hell of a cooler on it, i got a tci3000 in a reg. cab w/ cooler not even towing and my tranny has got hot........if it was me with the weight of the vehicle not even counting when you tow with it id go with wider LSA, wont have as much topend but will make excellent bottom and good mid power, these two cams below would be good for what your doing.... i used the blower cam in my truck which is very similar to the cheater but specific to S/Chrgs.....drives excellent, idles well, slight lope and loves spray.......

99-TR-CHEATR-CAM Thunder Racing Custom Camshaft
"CheaTR" - 214/230 .601/.575 117 LSA. Off Idle-6800 RPM Power Band. Broad power range. Works well with stock exhaust manifolds and catalytic converters. Stock like idle. Minor tuning required on automatic transmission cars. Responds very well to nitrous. Due to the fast ramp rate of this camshaft, the use of 1.8 rockers is not recommended. Double valve springs and titanium retainers required for this cam. $389.99

99-TR-CHEATRLS2-CAM Thunder Racing Custom Camshaft
"LS2 CheaTR" - 215/230 .629/.592 117 LSA. Off Idle-6800 RPM Power Band. Broad power range. Works well with stock exhaust manifolds and catalytic converters. Stock like idle. Minor tuning required on automatic transmission cars. Responds very well to nitrous. Due to the fast ramp rate of this camshaft, the use of 1.8 rockers is not recommended. Comp 921 Valve Springs are highly recommended. $389.99

Whipple and spray all the way.......

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8...c800ef37d4.htm
Old 10-27-2007, 12:22 PM
On The Tree

im using a derale trans cooler with electric fan mounted on it- so i dont think trans temps will be a big deal

im gonna give thunder racing a call on monday- thanks
Old 10-28-2007, 05:22 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by whitesilvy04
I would call some of the shop sponsors on the side to get a better choice and what will fit you better...

Taking peoples opinions on a forum over the internet is not the smartest thing to do.. More then likely your going to be dissapointed with your cam selection unless you talk to the professionals. They can pick the right cam setup for what your looking for...
or you can talk to people who own and drive similar vehicles and probably have had 3 or 4 setups under them... This isnt the first one I've done... I dont give bogus advise bud.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
or you can talk to people who own and drive similar vehicles and probably have had 3 or 4 setups under them... This isnt the first one I've done... I dont give bogus advise bud.
Okay dude, i dont know what your problem with me is but grow the hell up.. I dont know why your trying to start crap with me over the internet but if your looking to have a debate with me.. Take it to PM.. I never said you give bogus advice..

I really didnt care for you talking **** about my truck but i was cool enough not to let it bother me but if your going to start crap with me over a post that i wasnt directing towards you when you dont even know me... then take it to PM... Other then that have a good day...
Old 10-30-2007, 06:46 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by whitesilvy04
Okay dude, i dont know what your problem with me is but grow the hell up.. I dont know why your trying to start crap with me over the internet but if your looking to have a debate with me.. Take it to PM.. I never said you give bogus advice..

I really didnt care for you talking **** about my truck but i was cool enough not to let it bother me but if your going to start crap with me over a post that i wasnt directing towards you when you dont even know me... then take it to PM... Other then that have a good day...
no problem, I will