Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 09:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking into a ny-trex system

10012 V8 EFI Wet Nitrous System $719
10013 Primo V8 EFI Wet Nitrous System $863
10026 Triple-Threat V8 EFI Wet System $923

i have truck in sig. i want to run a 14.99 or lower with a 100 shot. what do i need to make it happen. i am not set on ny-trex. just heard good stuff and they are good prices. if ny-trex is good, then which kit do i want? what accessories, and what do i have to have done to truck?

i have read that i need bottle warmer, window switch, WOT switch, purge, bottle opener, tq converter, re-tune. is that it?

thanks for putting up with these basic noob questions
Old 08-10-2005, 09:06 AM
TECH Addict

on a 100 wet shot with a good tune that will be easy. id never spend that kinda money on a nitrous kit. you can get a killer used set up for less than 500
Old 08-10-2005, 12:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

is it generally cheaper to buy a kit than buy components? also, what extra guages would i need for such a setup?
Old 08-10-2005, 01:28 PM
TECH Addict

almost always cheaper to buy a whole kit.
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=345525
here is one that would work all you would need to buy is a nozzle.
here is everything i would buy if i were doing it over again
10lb bottle
wet nozzle
cheater solenoids
proper length of line to go from the bed of truck
short lines to go from noids to nozzle and from fuel rail to noid
pressure guage
bottle heater
arming switch
and i run mine off the horn
i believe thats everything
Old 08-10-2005, 01:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

you run it off the horn? meaning you have horn function normal, and when you arm, the horn controls the nitrous?

you ddidnt wrtie window switch or wot switch, so does that mean you just let off the horn when its shifting instead of letting a switch control it?
Old 08-10-2005, 02:16 PM
TECH Addict

never let off the nitrous, i just unhooked my horn but that is a good idea to cut it off when you arm. very sneaky
Old 08-10-2005, 05:28 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a ny-trex kit and I am very happy with it. They are crazy for the price on their website. I can get it for you for much less pm me. The difference with the ny-trex is that it has all the silenoids on a billet aluminum block you get the purge stuff already witha cool v-sprayer and every little connection you need the other cheaper kits will nickel and dime you to death on install for the most part. You will need a window switch I am going to get an msd digital window switch. Ihave been spraying through the shiftsw but I have a built tranny too. You need a bottle warmer too i am waiting for ny-trex to come out with their bottle warmer it is going to be badass alot better tahn the other manufacturers its going to run off bottle pressure so your bottle is going to always be at optimum pressure and it will use rings instead of blanket so it will look cool too. It will be coming out in teh next couple of weeks or so. You will need a tune for it also to maximize it and not blow the engine too. Click oin the link in my sig and you can see some pics of it installed on my truck.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

ok, so i did a little bit more reading and research, and assuming i buy a kit that has purge function built in, i will need, in addition, a nitrous pressure guage, a fuel pressure guage, a msd window switch, and a tps or wot switch, plugs and wires.

if i am only gonna be spraying at the track, can i get away with not having a bottle warmer and a remote bottle opener?

i see that most of you guys have higher rpm tq converters installed. does nitrous and a stall go hand in hand? if so, i may work on a tq converter first, because in the future, i hope to get a cam put in.

thanks for posting
Old 08-10-2005, 06:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

as for the coldfusion, 500 for a nitrous kit is a very attractive price. could you tell me how complete it is? cause their website doesnt really say what it includes. is it like the primo ny-trex one where purge and most everything elseis included? as for economy, budget conscious nitrous kits, are the zex kits any good? i think its around 500 too. so is the nx express too it think. what would you recommend for a sub-600 dollar kit? is the coldfusion best for the price range?

thanks
Old 08-10-2005, 08:16 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can get you the ny-trex triple threat system for 650 and IMO is a muich nicer kit. If you dont have a stall it is not advised to spray off the line. The general rule is 3000rpm and up. I would do a stall, cam(one that will compliment nitrous), tune then a ny-trex kit then you wil have good na performance and good nitrous performance. I would get a nitrous gauge cause most likely you wont be able to see the gauge on the bottle. You NEED a fuel pressure gauge to wathc the pressure so you dont burn up the engine. Another thing the triple threat ny-trex systems comes with is a fuel pressure safety switch so you dont have to worry about blowing your engine cause of low fuel pressure. I would still get a heater cause it will give you mopre consistant results oitherwise you will be spraying at all different pressures and getting all different kinds of results. Nitrous doesnt like too high of a stall I owuldnt go more than 3400 like I am.

Quick Reply: looking into a ny-trex system