NITROUS OXIDE System Designs | Installation| Wet/Dry/Direct Port

Need an idea where to mount my dry nitrous nozzle

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 07:01 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Need an idea where to mount my dry nitrous nozzle

Im going to run the truck N/A for a little while without the turbo and I just so happen to have enough extra nitrous stuff laying around to make a dry kit. I cant mount it in the intake tube(going to sell it when I put the turbo on) so I dont know where to put it without screwing anything up. Imay try to rig something up with an extra silicone coupler but was wondering if anyone had a better idea.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:16 PM
9 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw someone in here that drilled a hole at the end of a cone type filter and sprayed from there. The thread had pics on it so you might try searching for it.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:48 PM
formerly silverbrick (changed 02/17/2013)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you have a cone type filter you can drill a little hole in the tip of it and before you sell it just put a small plastic slug in it to plug it up
Old 11-03-2006, 10:50 AM
TECH Veteran

You can tap a hole in anything, or just buy the ZEX cone for $40.

Here is a picture of my old setup. It's a ZEX cone filter. Just put a jet in the end of the line and screw the fitting on. It'll bust the MAF if you have it this close tho, even with a 100 shot. 90* nozzles are best for spraying at the MAF.

Also note, there is a bit of science in where you place the nozzle relative to the MAF. I forget the reasons why, but the closer you have the Nozzle to the MAF, the richer your mixture will be. I'm using a 100 shot, with a 90* Nozzle at about 7'' away. This was recommended to me, and I haven't had the truck running long enough to have tried it.

The picture above, was good enough for 12.9s @ 106 w/ exhaust, and a cai on a 100 jet with 640psi at the bottle.

You can tune the fueling of a wet shot thru the jets. You tune a dry by the entry of the nitrous relative to the MAF.

Last edited by Sport Side; 11-03-2006 at 10:55 AM.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:52 PM
LS1TECH & TRUCK Sponsor

We designed a better way of discharging the nitrous than putting a choped off nozzle in the tip of the filter.
Check it out.

This one goes inside the filter and can be easily hidden.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=1213

This one goes in the end of the filter.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=1214

They have multiple discharges to break up the mixture instead of one big beam of nitrous.
Dave
Old 11-03-2006, 06:58 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im not looking to buy anything, this is just a temporary setup till I throw the turbo on. I have a Nitrous Pro Flow plate system for my Victor Jr sitting in the garage I just dont have a FPR and some misc. fittings to get the intake on right now. I will be running a Volant intake so it has the panel style filter. I also have an ebay heat shield and K&N cone filter but I dont know if the Volant tube will hook up to it. I dont have my stock **** and I sold me other two intake tubes I had cause I thought I wouldnt need them since I was putting the turbo on.

I have a 90* dry nozzle that I will be using, If I were to run the K&N cone filter and put the nozzle at the furthest point away from the MAF would I run into MAF freezing problems running a 200 shot?
Old 11-04-2006, 01:17 AM

damn 200 dry, i wouldnt think so since the K&N filter is so long like the AEM
Old 11-15-2006, 02:07 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got it mount it like 30 to 34 in off of the ground right their is a hole already there and i think it will fit great
Old 11-20-2006, 05:52 AM
12 Second Club

excuse my ignorance......what is a 90* nozzle and what are the advantages/differences ??? I am wanting to do this as well...just a quick-built, southern engineered, spray and pray kit for my 5.3......make the off season go by faster with a couple of quick on ramp entrances!

*edit* I searched a little while and found the difference in appearance in a 90* nozzle, still don't totally understand the differences in spray pattern.

Last edited by The LT1 That Could; 11-20-2006 at 06:10 AM.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:24 PM

maybe you insert it like

@@@@@@@@@@ . II
@@@@@@@@@@ . II
@@@@@@@@@@ . II . . . . . .
@@@@@@@@@@ . II . . . ..

@@@@@@@@@@ . < :::::::::: (nitrous spray)
@@@@@@@@@@@@ . ` ` ` `
@@@@@@@@@@@@@ . ` ` ` ` `

as opposed to a non 90* where...

@@@@I I
@@@@I I
@@@@I I
@@@@I^I
@@@.........
@@.............
@..................

just alters whether the nitrous shoots straight out like a stream or you stick it in and it shoots off to the side i believe people like the 90* so they can put it in their squaire box filter and instead of the nitrous coming out spraying straight down it would come to the side facing the intake tube

Quick Reply: Need an idea where to mount my dry nitrous nozzle