man im definetley gonna do this ..
Old 09-10-2009, 10:56 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is exactly where I'm thinking about putting mine....perfect location
Old 09-10-2009, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

although i didnt think i was the first to think of this or to do it, its good to see someone else who has been down that path before. about **** gettin kicked up, i was thinkin of makin a little shield for it or something like that. ive got a lot more room length wise under the bed because of the long bed so i should be able to get it away from the wheel. was also thinkin maybe sprayin the bottle with chip coat or undercoat to dampen anything that may hit it.

i may do that with the purge. wasnt sure how much of an issue purging on a 100 shot would be. ive only dealt with a 50 shot before and it never seemed to matter on that
Old 09-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Banned

let me know how it goes , i definetley wwanna do it too ...
Old 09-13-2009, 05:33 PM
12 Second Club

I would think between the frame rails just in case you are in a accident.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:22 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gonna get a remote opener I take it as well?
Old 09-15-2009, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was thinkin about the accident thing. but was also thinkin about accident where they are located in cars too.. id much much rather have it out back under the bed instead of sitting behind my head in a car.

about remote opener.. i just picked up some 12v worm gear drive motors, ill be making my own remote opener for about 20 bucks instead of the 200 they go for. i got 2 motors so i may have one up for sale. just hoping it doesnt have too little or to much torque. i may also try to make my own 'nano' system. its nice having 20 some $300k+ cnc machines at my disposal.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:57 PM
11 Second Truck Club

I'm not a fan of concealing nitrous systems to deceive people. Wheather you run good n/a or not too good with nitrous etc., there will always be those that'll talk trash and either bash your setup or say you're hiding something even if you're not.
Under the bed would be too much of a pain for access to refill it. I also tought on the hollowed out metal toolbox for mine, plus box can be locked too, not a bad idea and easier to get to being limited on space inside the cab. Purge into exhaust and can be done while doing the burnout. As for street purge, don't need to, just give it a WOT till you feel the juice kick in before you set up to race, they'll think you're just romping.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cuerva
I'm not a fan of concealing nitrous systems to deceive people. Wheather you run good n/a or not too good with nitrous etc., there will always be those that'll talk trash and either bash your setup or say you're hiding something even if you're not.
Under the bed would be too much of a pain for access to refill it. I also tought on the hollowed out metal toolbox for mine, plus box can be locked too, not a bad idea and easier to get to being limited on space inside the cab. Purge into exhaust and can be done while doing the burnout. As for street purge, don't need to, just give it a WOT till you feel the juice kick in before you set up to race, they'll think you're just romping.
you have a toolbox in yours? it doesnt weigh ya down any? always wondered cuz i kinda want one

Quick Reply: nitrous bottle under the bed?