NITROUS OXIDE System Designs | Installation| Wet/Dry/Direct Port

Nitrous question please help

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 04:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous question please help

I just installed my HSW plate kit about 2 weeks ago. I haven't even went through the whole first bottle yet. My problem is 2 of the times iv sprayed it the check engine light comes on and says reduced engine power and it won't run. You can't even two foot it. But the other 4 or 5 times iv had no problems. Some people have mentioned the fuel solenoid sticking and some say with the plate kit the throttle body could be freezing up. After trying to crank it a few times a letting it sit a minute it will crank right up and the check engine light goes off eventually. I put ngktr 55 plugs gapped at 45 and new plug wires when I put the kit on. What do y'all think? Thanks
Old 01-03-2010, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

first off, get some colder plugs in there.

and my truck did the same type thing for a while, but now it doesnt do it anymore, so idk
Old 01-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Wanna give us some more info about your setup?
Old 01-03-2010, 04:59 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

to start, swap in some ngk tr6 plugs gapped at .035

what size shot are you pushing, and you have to figure out what code its throwing for us. get it to an autozone and they will tell you for free.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:56 PM
TECH Resident

i was told those were a colder plug but after looking on here i see there not. i should of researched that first. il put 60s in it this week. But anyways its a 04 ss silverado awd. K&N CAI, servo, and the nitrous. im spraying a 150 shot. Im getting it turned at the local track on the 23rd for this month. and the check engine light goes off after a minute of driving when it clears up. will the scanner still pick up anything even if the light isnt on? and we did the coolant bypass when we put the plate on. maybe i should hook that back up.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:09 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

the coolant bypass will not set off any codes. be careful if driving in below freezing climates though. the PCM stores all codes that are thrown so they should be able to pull them up. find out what it is and get back to us. also drop the shot back to a 125 until you get it tuned just to be on the safer side.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KDavis04ss
i was told those were a colder plug but after looking on here i see there not. i should of researched that first. il put 60s in it this week. But anyways its a 04 ss silverado awd. K&N CAI, servo, and the nitrous. im spraying a 150 shot. Im getting it turned at the local track on the 23rd for this month. and the check engine light goes off after a minute of driving when it clears up. will the scanner still pick up anything even if the light isnt on? and we did the coolant bypass when we put the plate on. maybe i should hook that back up.
if you are hitting it with more than a 100 shot put a set of NGK BR7EF plugs in it.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:00 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by KDavis04ss
I just installed my HSW plate kit about 2 weeks ago. I haven't even went through the whole first bottle yet. My problem is 2 of the times iv sprayed it the check engine light comes on and says reduced engine power and it won't run. You can't even two foot it. But the other 4 or 5 times iv had no problems. Some people have mentioned the fuel solenoid sticking and some say with the plate kit the throttle body could be freezing up. After trying to crank it a few times a letting it sit a minute it will crank right up and the check engine light goes off eventually. I put ngktr 55 plugs gapped at 45 and new plug wires when I put the kit on. What do y'all think? Thanks
As stated, your plugs are 100% incorrect. You really need to go to a colder plug.

If you still have problems I would suggest spraying the system into a bottle to verify everything is functioning as it should. Obviously you'll want to do this in a safe manner since open nitrous lines can be a very dangerous thing as are fuel lines. Please feel free to send me a PM if you need assistance in doing this.

Nick
Old 01-04-2010, 03:55 PM
TECH Resident

Ok these are the codes it threw the other night when I sprayed it.
P0068
p0101
p0107
Old 01-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

p0101 is Mass air flow sensor circuit, range or performance problem

p0107 is Manifold absolute pressure sensor circuit, low input

Quick Reply: Nitrous question please help