NITROUS OXIDE System Designs | Installation| Wet/Dry/Direct Port

No Spray

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 07:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WFOsierra
were did you get that tube for the blow off that runs through to the bottom of the cab
Acutally that's the main feed line, it runs into the nitrous filter, the angle of the picture makes it look like it runs into the purge The yellow tube is just a rubber cap I had on the purge fitting for the time being until I put the purge tube/compression nut on. Originally I cross threaded the damn thing so I had to order a new compression nut.

The wire color question was concerning nnbs coil wire colors vs nbs colors, but I did look and see the wire you were talking about. I also found some problems. I got a MSD GMR pick-up, basically it has 2 clips that you clamp down on a wire and it picks up the tach signal, it was cheap and I got it so I didn't have to splice the coil wires. Well I double checked the instructions, and for this application I have to set the window switch to run on 1 cylinder mode, instead of 4 which I had it on. Another problem is the wire I mentioned that runs from the window switch to the 12v brake light power wire, it was hooked to a constant source, and thats wrong. When it's hooked up to the 12v brake light power wire, it will kill the system when it receives power from that source (brakes). That should be an easy fix, with the brake wires right on the brake pedal bar. The window switch is Velcro'd on the panel that's below the steering wheel, so it's very easy to access. Sorry I didn't get pics today, the camera batteries died like they always do, but I will get some finished pics of everything tomorrow.

Here's a link to that MSD pickup.

http://www.msdignition.com/pdf/2005/...8918_89181.pdf
Old 03-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Launching!

Thats a nice pickup, I havent seen anything like that. I just hardwired it into the coilpack and it worked great, either way is fine. Glad to see ya figuring it out, post me up when ya get it goin and tell me how ya like it. A 100 shot hit pretty hard in my Crew cab truck, really brought my 1/4 mile up but i gotta work on botom end its a dog off the line...Ive gotta get a nitrous filter soon,
Old 03-31-2008, 04:12 PM
TECH Resident

You said you were using the green/striped white wire on the main pass. side plug in, your window switch is in 4 cyl mode correct? I'm about to ditch the MSD pick-up. I called MSD and they said the clamps need to be very secure and tight, and these wires are too thin for any real clamping force.

Edit: Shouldn't there be one I can use on the drivers side? (short on wire) Wiring stuff makes me look like a dumbass, I have trouble installing radio's I've learned more about wiring in the last few weeks than I have in my whole life.

Last edited by LMSeven; 03-31-2008 at 04:24 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:13 PM
Launching!

Now i dunno about the drivers side, there was some wires running to the engine to the passenger side wrapped in wire loom, and i just ran it inside the wire loom. No My msd switch only runs correct in the 1 cylinder mode becuase our truck have a coil pack per cylinder. its the green wire with white stripe. yeah this msd window switch was really easy to hook up.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:52 AM
12 Second Truck Club

This is how I would fix this problem

Old 04-01-2008, 04:29 PM
TECH Resident

Don't trust myself with that Well the green light inside the box will light up in the operating RPM's, so I'll check and see if it ever comes on, if it doesn't it's obviously not getting a RPM signal. I did a search on tech and I guess this switch is commonly problematic. If I can get an rpm signal and hook up the brake wire and it still doesn't hit I'm sending it back to Harris and getting a different switch. Too easy.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Launching!

get the msd digital switch, $115 from summitracing.com and you will be more then satisfied..
Old 04-01-2008, 05:16 PM
TECH Resident

I'll probably order it tomorrow. I'm tired of messing with this damn thing. After reading about it in multiple topics over on tech it seems I can wire everything up right, just to have it be a p.o.s and still not work correctly. Tomorrow is the last day this window switch has to work before it's in a box at the post office.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Dock Rocker
This is how I would fix this problem

+1...just have a switch activate the button.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:08 AM
TECH Resident

I ordered the MSD digital window switch, installed it last night, used A5 white wire behind the dash, everything works. I'll get on the dyno this week and post results. Thanks for all the help

Quick Reply: No Spray