NITROUS OXIDE System Designs | Installation| Wet/Dry/Direct Port

Reading Plugs....

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 12:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i stated that , as long as his carb is tuned properly already, or that there is no problems with the truck, i.e timing and plug choice and gap.

fuel wont hurt anything. being a little rich is safe and reliable.

my plugs said my tune was spot on and i shaved 1.5 seconds off my shot with a extremely loose converter. and gained 15 mph.

i also told him to start off with a standard jet size, like i posted from nos charts.

then just to help him out said make sure the fuel jet is the bigger one.. because like that standardize chart showed all the fuel jets are bigger. and i stated that so he double checks.. because i knew a guy that didnt think it through and put them in opposite.

now yes 7.5 psi is a tad much but i told him to go from there. if he starts out rich he can tune it from there and dail it in right. and be safe along the way.

also i never really ran my bottle at 950psi it was always around 1050 or 1100 for the first couple feet at least before it dropped. so the extra fuel helped.

and this is for informational purposes. anyone who gets on and reads the first thing is a idiot. us debating helps show the ins and outs.

i imagine your nitrous knowledge exceeds mine but i know what was safe for 2 years with me and what worked and had great gains.

if i cant post my findings to try and help someone then why is there online forums.. and if at first all you come back with is " your joking right" then what to exspect the other end of the table to be thinking.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i havent sprayed the truck since, but its been to the track running motor passes and its running perfectly fine as far asi know of, i wanna throw the nitrous back on there, but i need to someone to guide me in the right direction, like timing it just right, and having the right jets and tuning the carb just right. But as of now, i am currently un employed and gots no money to throw into right now. Tried timing it before, i bought a professional products balancer so i could read the numbers, but its for a 350. Does that make a difference?? All i know is that some 305's are internally balanced and some arent.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:43 PM
Staging Lane

So any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Chance
Old 03-04-2010, 03:27 PM
On The Tree

First u need to verify your timing mark at zero. Chevy generally put 6 or 8 inch balancers on 305 or 350s and u need to atleast verify that zero on the balancer is 100% top dead center. If it is, than u can start tuning. But I would suggest that if u are short on funds, u leave the nitrous off the truck for a little while. Anything can happen in racing, but when using nitrous it's an added risk u take. Take it slow and have fun.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:27 PM
Staging Lane

yeah, the nitrous hasnt been used since. plate and that are still on there. but aint gonna use it. but on the balancer issue, i bought one of the professional products balancers with all the numbers on it.