NITROUS OXIDE System Designs | Installation| Wet/Dry/Direct Port

this should hit hard right?( my first nitrous pics)

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 12:38 AM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts
Default this should hit hard right?( my first nitrous pics)

went out to the garage tonight and tooled around trying to figure out a clean way to mount the solenoids, and have as little nitrous lines as possible. i was also concearned with it "hitting hard". im new to nitrous and thats just some lingo i picked up on tech. anyways this is what i came up with to keep things clean. the less hoses i have running around under there the happier i am haha. and the harder it will hit i guess?

is there any problem with me doing it this way?????

Old 07-28-2008, 07:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks good
Old 07-28-2008, 09:27 AM

back to the drawing board i guess. the guys on tech dont think its a good idea because of a major lean spike potential. the 1000 psi of nitrous would get there so much faster than the 58psi of fuel or something like that.

exactly why i posted up! too bad it wont work
Old 07-28-2008, 09:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

I wouldn't really see it being a "major" lean spike. I mean, when your fuel pump is on, your fuel is going to be primed up to the noid just as the nitrous will be to its noid when you open the bottle. If both of your noids are going directly into the plate and you have fuel primed up to the fuel noid and nitrous primed up to its noid, how could the nitrous "get there" way faster? I could see a miniscule spike with the higher pressure of the nitrous, but it isn't like your fuel isn't going to be right there as well with it primed up to the noid that close to your mixing point.

What am I missing there?

Also, after using many different nozzles and plates, I'm going to have to say the nozzles do have a "harder" hit to them than the plates. I like the plate setups overall though.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:58 AM
11 Second Truck Club

It's not like you are just venting fuel to atmosphere @ 58 psi. You are running it over an oriface (the jet). I've been running my fuel noid off the rail for 4 years I've never had a problem. (255 lhp pump) You should probably run it the first time with a scan tool, but I would try it.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:17 AM

it will definately have the scanner and wideband hooked up for the first few runs.

i checked post counts on tech and these opinions were from 58 post count guys...not that they dont know more than i do but i just trust members a little more when they have a reputation. i was thinking along the same line as slopro. they are both RIGHT THERE!

if anything there would be less spike than using 1.5' lines that came with the kit. to me the nitrous would cover 1.5' of line WAY faster than 58psi but when they both have 1/4" to go they will both hit closer together. i'm leaving it alone.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:19 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, I am with those two...seems to me both are being atomized at the same time/rate. Sure each holds different pressure behind the noid, but so what. If it bothers ya enough get a Time Delay Relay and put the nitrous noid on a .1 or .2 delay with power on.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
Yeah, I am with those two...seems to me both are being atomized at the same time/rate. Sure each holds different pressure behind the noid, but so what. If it bothers ya enough get a Time Delay Relay and put the nitrous noid on a .1 or .2 delay with power on.
im not guna wory about a .1 or .2 time delay. everything stays. aside from it being pretty functional...it looks pimp to me hahah
Old 07-28-2008, 10:37 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I forgot to mention that...I like it. Looks good. I'd remove the stickers and paint everything black though, that's me though. LOL
Old 07-28-2008, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
I forgot to mention that...I like it. Looks good. I'd remove the stickers and paint everything black though, that's me though. LOL
reading my mind. eventually i want to paint EVERYTHING black under the hood...and maybe polish the valve covers. im talking alternator, throttle body, all accessories etc. BLACK.

Quick Reply: this should hit hard right?( my first nitrous pics)