NITROUS OXIDE System Designs | Installation| Wet/Dry/Direct Port

Some Love 4 the truck guys...

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 11:56 AM
LS1TECH & TRUCK Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some Love 4 the truck guys...

Ok guys as some of you know we are focasing on building some custom products for you truck guys. So here is your chance to speek up and share your thoughts...

First we already have in the works the custom switch panels..
Here is one for example
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=2182

We have 2 custom dry kits for the guys running after market conical style air filters.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=1216
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=1215

Now its time to take our already sweet plate desighn and tweek it just a tad to make sure it fits all truck applications.

For the guys not familiar with our plate. We released it a year maybe two years ago. It has sold like crazy and is by far the best plate on the market.

Here is some old info we posted on it.
The Nitrous Plate that Revolutionized the LS1 Nitrous Industry.

Back about two years ago we started playing with the idea of a nitrous pltae for the LS1 and LT1 community.
We were not happy with the current plates that were on the market. The current plate desighns placed a plate or nozzles behind the throttle body aimed at the back of the intake. In some cercumstances we seen attomazation problems to certain cylinders.

So we went on the quest to develope a plate that would give a nice sexy look and properly attomize to all cylinders. After scraping many plates and throwing away many different desighns it finaly happened. A year later we had came up with a desighn that would attomize well and looked sexy!!!!

Here is how our desighn works. ( I am using a combo of LS1 and 90mm for pics.

In this picture you will see the distribution ports in the plate. This desighn works by using 6 nitrous ports and 6 fuel ports. The nitrous and the fuel will slam together and create a plumb spraying across the intake port.(NOT AT THE BACK OF THE INTAKE) Then the induction of the motor will pull the mixture into the intake plenum.

Now that we had the mixture/distribution correct. It was time to figure out how to seal the unit to the intake and throttle body.
We did not like the idea of using a paper gasket and silicone.So instead we added another machining process to the plate. We machined ythe plate to use the factory intake gasket from GM.

The next process was to figure out how to accomidate spacing the throttle body forward. Now we would need to move the throttle bracket forward. We would also need longer throttle body bolts and washers.
So we made a billet piece that spaced the throttle cable bracket forward and came up with all the neccessary hardware to make the change.

Here is a pic of the complete conversion kit.

Ok so after flowing the plate,Testing the plate,Dynoeing the plate we finnaly brought it to market.

After going through the fisrt batch of plates we asked our selfs what can we do to give the plate alittle more sex appeal. So we took and had this batch annodized then engraved with or logo in it.
Here are the final pics.
I hope you like.

Ok on some of the new 06 trucks we are haveing some clearence issues with where the inlet fittings come in the plate. So what we are going to do is bring the fittings into the side of the plate..

We have already done this for a customer with a SS trailblazer and it worked and fit great..

WE are also looking the trucks over and plan on throwing a few more aftermarket options your way...

So let me have it. What do you think.
Dave

Last edited by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet; 10-10-2006 at 12:02 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:05 PM
Truck addict

Dave speaking from having both the plate and the switch panel there are a few things that i would do differently. On the switch panel i would change that red purge button to black to match the rest of the switchs. Only because it would not stand out so much and draw attention. Some of us still like to have the stealth systems. Other than that the switch plate is perfect.

On the nitrous plate, to fit a truck with zero customization you would either need to move the ports to the sides or make the plate taller to cover the Evap stuff that sits on top of the intake near the TB. Also, the throttle cable relocation piece was for a LS1 car. the trucks are different. Other than those two details this plate rocks.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:18 PM
MOOBIES Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the switch panel a lot! I might have to order one of those up! Nice looking piece!
Old 10-10-2006, 12:41 PM
TECH Regular

Switch panel only works for 99-02?

I have an 04 and also have a little slot just like that...will the panel fit??
Old 10-10-2006, 02:58 PM
Launching!

that switch plate looks like it would fit in my '03 as well

Originally Posted by Blaze5509
Switch panel only works for 99-02?

I have an 04 and also have a little slot just like that...will the panel fit??
Old 10-10-2006, 03:11 PM
TECH Regular

The switch panel looks good, i would like the button black also. I might buy one in the next few months. Also I like the plate design for the nitrous, but 2 questions. Will you sell it seperatly and how much will it be?
Old 10-10-2006, 07:47 PM
Banned

so dave what is the price on the plate and did ya fix the throttle cable bracket cause the one i installed on goashawks truck i had to make a bracket. and i also had to remove the evap on the front of the intake so did you make this plate higher

i like the switch panel though
Old 10-10-2006, 08:13 PM
MOOBIES Moderator

Is the switch panel made from aluminum? Can you get it in a polished finish if so?
Old 10-10-2006, 11:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Any chance of getting the switch panel with another switch vs. the push button?
Old 10-11-2006, 08:53 AM
TECH Regular

I for one do not have any of your products, but I appreciate the attention and the product development for the truck community. I know that when I am ready to step up and purchase some n20 products, I will be using your company.

Quick Reply: Some Love 4 the truck guys...