NITROUS OXIDE System Designs | Installation| Wet/Dry/Direct Port

What is a good AFR for a 50 shot on 6.2 Silvy

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 08:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sprayedenali
I guess you're the pro

If that comment is meant to be sarcastic which I can only assume it is given the context it is in or maybe not, hope not because I am just on here to contribute and be a part of this forum. If so that is a big reason I guess why I stayed away from this forum for quite awhile. You post something on here and then get some sh*tty feedback or a sarcastic comment it seems like all the time.

I didn't claim that I was some pro on the whole what afr to use while spraying. I just had that formula that I learned from a guy who is quite intelligent and who I have learned a lot from as far as tuning goes. Just thought I'd share it that's all.

Last edited by 03klugss; 08-12-2013 at 08:31 AM.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:09 AM
On The Tree

That's why I worded it "safe" and should had put safe starting point because that is basically what it is. Like I had also stated from there lean it out or add timing back in to find max power or the knock limit which in many cases could already be well past max power.

For me being a liability issue, when a customer comes to me with his nitrous setup I am not going to just start out with full na timing and whatever afr they may be running on just motor. Yes a motor can get hurt being too rich on nitrous just as well as too lean.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

No, it wasn't meant to be sarcastic! If you are who I think you are then I've seen where you have a pretty serious tuning operation going on...?

We're all here to learn so I was just tryin to add my opinion to the conversation as well
Old 08-12-2013, 09:52 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sprayedenali
No, it wasn't meant to be sarcastic! If you are who I think you are then I've seen where you have a pretty serious tuning operation going on...?

We're all here to learn so I was just tryin to add my opinion to the conversation as well

Ok good deal man no offense taken, was just checking. It's hard to gauge what somebody is coming across like on a public forum like this, ya know? I am a very laid back kind of person, like to get along with everybody!

Besides places like this their is nothing wrong at all with a friendly debate on a subject!

Oh and yes you are correct I am that person. Just haven't been a vendor on here as of late and internet brands wants someone in my situation to use a different screen name that's not associated with my vendor screen name. Understandable but in any case if I am not currently a sponsor/vendor I would have no intentions of trying to sell my services on here and undercut any of the guys spending their hard earned money for the advertising. Trust me it's not cheap.

Last edited by 03klugss; 08-12-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:45 AM
On The Tree

I started safe and am tweaking. Right now I'm at a 75 shot with about a 13:1 AFR. One problem I had was my nozzle was too close to the radius on my CAI and not getting into the airflow correctly. Little dremmel work on the tip curve and it made a huge difference. Like I said on my first post. I'm new to this stuff and id rather start safe and learn than to be picking up pieces of my engine off the blacktop. Seems to be working for me so far.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So again, who came up with this formula??

Any experienced nitrous tuner will tell you that you need to read the plugs after a pull. That is the only way to do it right. I'd be interested to see you post that formula on yellow bullet or tech and see what reactions you get. Those two places have some very experienced nitrous tuners/users.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by oakley6575
So again, who came up with this formula??

Any experienced nitrous tuner will tell you that you need to read the plugs after a pull. That is the only way to do it right. I'd be interested to see you post that formula on yellow bullet or tech and see what reactions you get. Those two places have some very experienced nitrous tuners/users.

Well apparently I've offended you or struck a nerve or something!

Sorry!

Last edited by 03klugss; 08-12-2013 at 12:26 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 03klugss
Well apparently I've offended you or struck a nerve or something!
No not at all. Why would you think that? I'm just trying to understand your reasoning for the formula and who you got it from??
Old 08-12-2013, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by oakley6575
No not at all. Why would you think that? I'm just trying to understand your reasoning for the formula and who you got it from??

I know I am just giving you a hard time man! I've been around this forum a lot longer than my statistics say under this screen name, you know who I am.

Anyways actually that particular formula I got from Greg Banish.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

That explains why Banish is a turbo guy. jkjkjk

Banish is a smart guy. I'd like to take his tuning classes one of these days.

Quick Reply: What is a good AFR for a 50 shot on 6.2 Silvy