NITROUS OXIDE System Designs | Installation| Wet/Dry/Direct Port

WOT Switch Mounting

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 01:28 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats basically how mine looks but with the new style gas peddle with just a rod supporting the plastic peddle.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:59 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea, under the pedal works great on cable throttle bodies, but should never be done on fly by wires.. Stock computer has a way of just shutting that damm thang at the wrong time lol.. Robert get a tps, I am sure you know someone that can hook you up .
Old 12-07-2005, 10:54 AM
Launching!

Thanks for the info and pics guys!
Old 12-07-2005, 11:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
yea, under the pedal works great on cable throttle bodies, but should never be done on fly by wires.. Stock computer has a way of just shutting that damm thang at the wrong time lol.. Robert get a tps, I am sure you know someone that can hook you up .
Yea, I have heard this but know of no one that has ever had a problem. Many, many hundreds of vette guys do it this way and has been the basic standard form the get go. If someone wants to pay the big bucks for a TPS compared to a couple dollars (radio shack) for a wot, so be it, but the facts don't support the implication of fly by wire issues, imo.
Robert
Old 12-07-2005, 02:01 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Robert56
Yea, I have heard this but know of no one that has ever had a problem. Many, many hundreds of vette guys do it this way and has been the basic standard form the get go. If someone wants to pay the big bucks for a TPS compared to a couple dollars (radio shack) for a wot, so be it, but the facts don't support the implication of fly by wire issues, imo.
Robert
This statment comes from my safety., The newer vehicles are getting smarter and smarter, there are many ways to make something work,, good bad right wrong, but they all work just pic your posion make it work or make it work right .. And the statement about big bucks from a vette owner.. amazing....

Ricky
Old 12-07-2005, 02:01 PM
LS1TECH & TRUCK Sponsor

Originally Posted by Robert56
Jet boats are cool, that was my first real job. Lots of big block chevy installs and triple stg jet pumps. those were the days.
Robert
I have a had a few fast boats myself. Ill probley build me another one after we get this marriage and babby thing worked out.LOL
Dave

Last edited by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet; 12-07-2005 at 02:09 PM.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:03 PM
LS1TECH & TRUCK Sponsor

This statment comes from my safety., The newer vehicles are getting smarter and smarter, there are many ways to make something work,, good bad right wrong, but they all work just pic your posion make it work or make it work right .. And the statement about big bucks from a vette owner.. amazing....

Ricky

LOL, Well ricky you have to save some money for that Vette payment
LOL
Dave
Old 12-07-2005, 02:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Corvette cheap skate jokes.
Robert
Old 12-07-2005, 03:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ricky, where would a guy get a TPS for substitute of a WOT swithch? And how is that installed?
Old 12-07-2005, 04:46 PM
LS1TECH & TRUCK Sponsor

Im not Ricky But I can tell you. We carry several TPS switches. We carry the NX and the ZEX. We also carry a window switch with a TPS built in.

The TPS is a electronic box that will wire in and read the voltage off of your TPS sensor. It will activate the system by reading the voltage at wide open throttle.
Dave

Quick Reply: WOT Switch Mounting