PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

1988 Blazer 5.3 Swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 09:05 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Abby (the c10) is doing okay, I'm doing a tune up on her right now, then I have some plans for her in the fall. the engine swap isnt happeneing till next year, but I am going to drop her, put her in primer and start the rest of the cosmetic stuff this year. I'll start a thread on here in a few weeks when she gets my full attention.

I took Mia through emissions yesterday and got her to pass so that means she is almost done. you should have seen the lady searching for the gas cap. she opened the gas door, saw the cap wasnt there and started searching inside it like it was just hiding or something. She looked at me like I had a 3rd eye when I pulled it out of the bed.

so now that its started when do you plan on getting her on the road? and is she going to be a weekend truck or daily driver?
Old 08-05-2010, 01:00 PM
On The Tree

Cool! Glad Kansas don't have emissions yet!

I kike Ruby to be a daily driver/strip truck. We just have to see!

I'm ready for a road test. But I have to get this transmission problem fixed. No Reverse!

Justin
Old 08-24-2010, 04:36 PM
On The Tree

Default Exhaust finished

After all the muffler shops acted like there puss was hurting, I desided to build my own exhaust system.

Bought a 2 1/2" U-fit Jeg's kit and a Pair of S/S 40 Flowmasters. Even though my welds look like hell, I think it will do the job! Cleared the trans crossmember without cutting it up.

1988 Blazer 5.3 Swap-exhaust-001.jpg

1988 Blazer 5.3 Swap-exhaust-002.jpg

1988 Blazer 5.3 Swap-exhaust-006.jpg

1988 Blazer 5.3 Swap-exhaust-013.jpg

1988 Blazer 5.3 Swap-exhaust-014.jpg

And after. Needs tune really bad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud-56DpLQ6k
Old 08-25-2010, 05:23 PM
TECH Regular

looks good, I used a similar kit, I still need to finish running my tail pipes, right now they are dumped before the axle.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:51 AM
On The Tree

Thanks man. That Blazer tank makes Tail pipes a little tough to route. Thats why mine dump after the axle.

I should be getting my new ecm w/tune back from PCMforless.com Monday or Tuesday. Said they can get my tune on spot, we will see if that is true. Anything would be better than what I have now. Way Rich! Idle sucks, and stumbles a little. Pulls hard as hell!

She is a blast to drive, With that new Tune Ruby will be one nasty Bitch!

Later Greg

Justin
Old 08-26-2010, 03:10 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Butcherboy just finished reading your thread.Nice work man!Its a good feeling when you first start it.I about had a heart attack when I took it to get a dyno tune.He hammered on it for 2 freaking hrs.I have about the same came as you do and love it and its my dd.Runs 12's in the 1/4.I love beating up on some Vette's,and srt8 dodges or anything else for that matter.Your going to love it.I never get bored when driving mine.Good luck and congtates on the marriage.
Mike
Old 08-27-2010, 11:48 AM
On The Tree

Thanks, I'm really liking the dime. Your combo sound sweet man!

And by the way... We didn't make it to the alter. She got cold feet, and found out later much later that she had been sleeping around on me.

It's all good now. Got me a Far better gal. (Has Morals!)

So both my Ladys are happy! I mean (Ruby)Dime and the Girlfriend Allison.

Thanks for the kind words.

Justin
Old 08-27-2010, 12:27 PM
On The Tree

What Push Rods are you using?

Justin
Old 10-20-2010, 10:55 AM
On The Tree

Default New Tune ready to go.

After few weeks of playing around with Ruby. Think I have it there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHP8AX2dQVU

Justin
Old 10-20-2010, 02:08 PM
On The Tree

Took her out again last night. Changed the Plugs from the NGK Iridium to A/C Delco Iridium. Made a big difference! Found a little vac leak on the PVC hose, just clamped it tighter. Ran smoother. There is a collector leak that is ticking. But I didn't have the time to tighten that up.

All in all, shes' running great. Drove it to work this morning. The heads where turning, along with the Derby PD. The truck drives nice.

Even without overdrive, don't make you deaf from the drive. But I'm gonna get the overdrive later for sure. For now, I'm happy. The radiator and home made hoses seem to be doing there jobs.

Took it up to my Uncles place last night, (45miles up and 45 back) The fans are working great, never went over 220* in traffic. Knock on wood that its cooling!

Mileage isn't that bad. 15 ish mpg.. eeh but its Hot rod!

Change the oil over there, (I hit walmart on the way up) And everything looked great. The mileage went up a little on the way home. Guess the oil change with Lucas stablizer helped.

After the change, Oil pressure at Ilde was 50 lbs, before it was 42-45 lbs.

So the Vital's are holding, and the trans is shifting great. The 4.10's are nice! The stall flash is more like 3600 than the spec. 3400 RPM. But I seems to be ok.

Went the Local COOP. And my buddy Billy was at the scales, weighed in at 2788 with full 20 gallon tank, w/me in it. But there is another hundred more in cage and interior parts left to go back in.

So I've been really busy guys! Enjoying the hell out of my" Other woman" as Allison call's Ruby. LOL!

Justin

Quick Reply: 1988 Blazer 5.3 Swap